My "millie" project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zinc2000

Hi guys, thought you all might like to see "buttercup"

Purchesed in March this year (2012) in bit of a sorry somewhat neglected state, not seen polish for some time, faded paint, non matching faded at that, took a while and with the help of Meguiars triple polish system...paint cleaner, polish and wax here we have a quite presentable looking result, hopefully you will get the pics, my ancient brain struggles with pc technical stuff :-(

Apart from the clean all I have done so far is:

NEW CAMBELT/HEAD GASKET/PLUGS (wrong plugs fitted by previous owner)
K&N INDUCTION KIT
WHITE CALIPERS (will be yellow but white gives a good base)
YELLOW FLOOR MATS
VARIOUS GRAPHICS/SUN STRIP
TOUCHED UP STONE CHIPS

Still to come
YELLOW CALIPERS
RACE PIPE (standard rear box)
REAR ARCH RESPRAY (have been done by previous owner but not too well)

Sorry guys :oops:

Told you I struggle with technical stuff...only 2 images loaded for some reason however I see my album has loaded so if you click on it you should get all the pics

Let me know what you think

I fixed the links for you :pose:

Looks pretty tidy in those photos, some good subtle plans you have.

Thanks "red" knew they were all there somewhere :lol:

Dont think Magnex do a system just liked the sticker, does not wear Fulma tyres either :cool:

Actually the stickers are covering appalling touch up jobs by previous owners and I will never be able to afford a respray :lol:

She looks good :thumbs: ... again not to keen on the little stickers... but each to their own of course... ironic coming from me :lol: but imo if you're gonna do graphics you do them big and bold :D

So apart from whats already stated do you have any other plans?

And buttercup is such a pretty name :pose2:

Would like a front splitter but as you will see in one of the pics my drive is kinda rough and there is a raised septic tank right in the gateway, probably going to catch it nicely.

Might remove plastic engine cover and clean up the rocker cover to improve under bonnet looks

Need some front mudflaps so might look into them some time soon, other than that, keep it polished and enjoy :lol:

Oh usual things still to do like strut mount, drop links, arb bushes etc etc

Hi loving the yellow car mats, I looked at a few millenium but non looked in as good condition as yours, know what you mean buy previous bodged paint job saw some shockers!
Have fun driving her and keep us posted on any further bits, large or small.

Thanks for all comments,

Its a pity I did not photograph it when first picked it up, bearing in mind it was bought unseen from fleabay, the pic the girl put on was it just washed obviously and to be fair she did say the paint was faded...the whole roof was matt yellow, the boot also was badly faded and as for the rear "haunches" where the silver stickers now reside, they looked as though the touch up paint (wrong colour!) had been applied with a trowel, lost count of the stone chips.....

Having said that I had a brand new battery, 4 brand new tyres included in sale and six months test...not bad for £560..

Will post new pics as and when I do anything new

Oh and yes those stickers did come from my sons max pwer mag...well spotted that man :grin:

"buttercup" now has race pipe fitted to standard rear box, sounds a bit meatier under acceleration but quite quiet still for normal use, well pleased with that.

Also just repainted brakes yellow, will post pics soon.

Nice little Millie you have yourself there :eek:k:

Flying Scotsman said:
Didn't think Magnex did a system for the Puma.

http://www.magnexexhausts.com/shop/ford-puma-cat-back-system/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It has the biggest back box known to man..

[fullalbumimg]459[/fullalbumimg]

And looks awful!

I'm afraid I have to agree with the majority on the stickers. Tidy Milly though otherwise :eek:k:

Sorry guys, until I can afford a respray the stickers will stay.

So glad I did not find a Magnex system for it, like my race pipe with standard back box just fine.

puma2.jpg

puma5.jpg

Hi guys
I live in hope that one day I will figure out how the hell to upload pics, my daughter assures me that my pics wil be on here now :grin:

Attacked "buttercup" with my old power polisher yesterday (escaped from the gardening) results not bad, also gave the rear fogs some t/cut and polish

Oh stickers are still there, sorry guys but there they will stay :grin:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5496" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hope this helps :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back