Project Panthera

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z-fella

Hi folks :)

New to the forum and all this car modding stuff, my budget is going dictate alot of what I can do, so please forgive my noob questions :roll:

Here is my puma "Panthera"

IMAG0135_zpsefe5517f.jpg

Already replaced the sills

IMAG0133_zpscd782aae.jpg

Just done the cambelt, exhaust and two new front uniroyal rainsport 2 tyres, which are amazing! First time buying better than budget tyres and can't beleive the difference in grip :eek: . Plan to get rainsport 2's all round.

Things that need to be done asap!
oil leak, not bad at all, nothing dripping onto the road, but been advised to redo head gasket.
Leaking offside rear dampner, replace with lowering kit, possibly gmax or standard with eibach springs? they are only 30mm drop but ideally wanted 40mm drop, suggestions under £300 please?
New clutch soon as the current one slips, possibly a sports one?

Want to do
Some thunder edition alloys refurbed in black
FRP front splitter
Side skirts
air induction kit
modified frp air box
tinted side and rear windows
replace headlight bulbs with extreme brilliance ones

Not to much at the mo as still learning alot. :?

cheers :grin:

Very nice! Shiny.

Liking your sensible to-do list. :thumbs:

I want to try keep it near as original as possible, hence the thunder edition alloys, cheaper tyres and I read if you mess around with tyre sizes it can affect the handling, is that right?

Nice sensible mods... Point to note... Air induction kit, and modified FRP airbox... not always hand in hand on that one...

My advice, go for the air induction kit (I can recommened if you like) and make your own air feeds. I would suggets 2, much easier to make.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Puma-1-7i-16v-RAMAIR-Induction-Air-Filter-Kit-LIFETIME-WARRANTY-/350632269891?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3APuma&hash=item51a34fd843" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The above included an air feed but like I said, perhaps two...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pipercross-2-50mm-flexible-Cold-Air-Feed-Pipe-CAI-RAMAIR-Velocity-Stack-/230912164973?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35c370046d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's what I use on mine.

I can also recommend Green Cotton if you're not a fan of RAMAIR.

Regarding the suspension, how long approximately will new standard dampners last with 40mm drop springs? years or months?

cheers

cheers, will do the lot. Will just get standard bushes instead of powerflex ones as want to try keep the ride as comfortable as possble :)

All good advice there. I use the Ramair kit that Mac recommended and it sounds great! As you say, it's also a bargain.
The suspension parts likevbushes and droplinks can make a big difference if yours haven't been changed for some time.
Nice looking car too. Looks good in black. :cool:

All I will say is that once you start modding, it's a slippery slope ... ! :lol:

cheers, yes will do the whole lot as cheeper for labour all at once? maybe :?

All I will say is that once you start modding, it's a slippery slope ... !

Yeah and I thought my other hobby djing was expensive :lol:

Well just phoned my insurance company to see what modifications I can do and how much it affects my premium. I can't do any modifications that affects the suspension or engine , no aftermarket lowering kit, no induction kit, no body kit.

I can have only

aftermarket alloys in the same size 15" hmm
Tinted windows, cool
And a spoiler which I don't want.

He did say that lowering Eibach springs were allowed as it is factory option.

Those 3 things would push my premium up by £47, not as bad as I thought. But still wish I could do more. Oh well only 7months till find a new company, maybe sky insurance.

It was good to phone them and find out what I could do. Glad I did, don't want to do stuff and then have an accident to find out I'm not covered because of modifications.

^^^ :grin:

Just incase anybody was wondering the company is called
RESCUEMYCAR. COM cheap insurance but practically no modifications allowed.

Just have to spend money getting her back to mint condition.

Hi friends. Bit of an update and advice needed. Since buying my puma ive spent approximately another £1500 on her, new sills, alloys and tires and newcam belt. It looks like I'm going to have to spend another £1000+ on her, new dampners, clutch, rear arches and head gasket. At what point do you decide it's not worth spending more and try and find another :?: :| ;p :'(

Latest posts

Back