T464 PNB - "Smokey Joe"

Do you have a Puma that is a project? Do you want to track the progress with your own thread? Feel free to do it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Wild E. Coyote
Guru!
Guru!
Model: 1.7

T464 PNB - "Smokey Joe"

Post by Wild E. Coyote » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:19 pm

TGPlayer1 wrote: Well the first lot of parts have arrived in the last few days, and it's safe to say the girlfriend was not happy :lol: Something about not having enough money or whatever.
Ah, women. They are capable of owning shoes in buying value well in excess of a second hand car, but if you try to upgrade something on that very same car it is a problem..... :grin:
3 x

TGPlayer1
Project Petrol Head!
Project Petrol Head!
Model: 1.4

T464 PNB - "Smokey Joe"

Post by TGPlayer1 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:05 am

Well, as usual precisely feck all has happened since my last update, but I’m now in a position where I can actually (genuinely this time!) get the job done. Come Wednesday I’ve got the day off work so I can dig ol’ Smokie out of the garage and take him round to work where I have the facilities to do the engine swap and any other jobs that need finalising.

The final piece of the puzzle is the engine loom, so if anybody has a complete 1.7, single lambda loom they want to sell let me know.

Keep tuned for more slow progress 🐌🐌🐌
3 x

TGPlayer1
Project Petrol Head!
Project Petrol Head!

T464 PNB - "Smokey Joe"

Post by TGPlayer1 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:28 am

So progress has been slow over the last 3 months, but progress it is nonetheless. I fitted the track steering wheel and boss, added multiple items to the list of parts I need to buy, and actually purchased some as well!

Both of them were a random eBay find while browsing aimlessly. Firstly I got the necessary parts for the rear brake conversion; Focus mk1 stub axle, hub and bearing assembly, calipers and carriers, 253mm discs and pads (which I don’t need as I have some Greenstuff already) and it’s all free and working as it should, and for £45 delivered it was the bargain of the century.

That is until I stumbled upon these the other day

Just £40 saw these in my possession, and I’m pleasantly surprised at how well they suit the car, as it was a bit of a punt based on the fact they were cheap as chips! (They’re Granada Scorpio alloys if you couldn’t tell)

So it’s not a lot, but it’s more than I’d done in the 3 years previous, so that’s something :)
2 x

evilrob
Project Elder
Project Elder
Model: Thunder

T464 PNB - "Smokey Joe"

Post by evilrob » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:11 am

Woo! Yay! :thumbs:
0 x
PUMA GARAGE LIST http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=9116
NEED SPARES? Talk to Ian G of PumaBits
Current Puma: July 2011 - Present: 'Pippa Puma' (click for project thread) 2002 Magnum Grey Thunder

TGPlayer1
Project Petrol Head!
Project Petrol Head!

T464 PNB - "Smokey Joe"

Post by TGPlayer1 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:03 pm

Goodies are starting to arrive :grin:

Clutch, timing belt kit and Fiesta ST150 handbrake cable for the rear disc conversion.

Not long now and it’ll be all coming together :ok:
1 x

Wild E. Coyote
Guru!
Guru!
Model: 1.7

T464 PNB - "Smokey Joe"

Post by Wild E. Coyote » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:09 pm

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :grin:
0 x

sickofguessing
Adolescent
Adolescent
Model: Thunder

T464 PNB - "Smokey Joe"

Post by sickofguessing » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:29 pm

I got a ford clutch/slave straight from the factory in germany for less than europarts wanted (trade prices).
Hope you put some pictures up so I know what to expect when I do mine.
0 x

Return to “ProjectPuma”