Smurf Blueish

Do you have a Puma that is a project? Do you want to track the progress with your own thread? Feel free to do it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Brian'
Project Petrol Head!
Project Petrol Head!
Model: 1.7

Smurf Blueish

Postby Brian' » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:43 pm

TylerB wrote:Source of the post I never had any issues with rattling heat shields, but if needed I would also take out the carpet to repair properly. Are the existing fitting screws broken? Can you not just attach the shields with larger washers to them?
The more I see this colour the more I like it, great Puma.

Hi Tyler,

Some of the existing fitting screws are broken and some aren't so it's just the case of repairing a few. I am going to use larger washers, that's for sure!
0 x
Project Smurf Blueish - viewtopic.php?f=64&t=22261"

Brian'
Project Petrol Head!
Project Petrol Head!
Model: 1.7

Smurf Blueish

Postby Brian' » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:12 pm

Been way too long since I've done an update on this! Car is really behaving very well. Not had a problem whatsoever.
Still haven't been able to refit the heatshield though. Should be doing this in the coming month or two.

Been really busy the past couple of months with gathering parts for an upcoming project. As I'm not able to buy all the parts in one go I already bought the parts I can already install. One of which is gauges. But before I could install the gauges I needed some sort of dashpod. Didn't want them on the A-pillar. So I tried and make them in the vent holes in the clocksurrounding.. This didn't work out as I hoped for so I continued and decided to make them in the clocksurrounding. It turned out really nice if I say so myself!

Pictures of my creation:

Had it flocked to get it looking all nice and flat. Couldn't get the finish I wanted in the corners of the pod so it being flocked solved that problem! As some may noticed, one of the gauges shows 'boost'. And yes, that's the upcoming project that I'm working on!

I've been looking for more power the past 1-2 years. And decided, after the Nürburgring trip of last year, that I need more power. Thought of going for the ITB route but I'm just more interested in turbostuff.

So the past few months I've been busy gathering parts. Manifold is being made by Chris from LMS, will also be buying uprated headbolts and decompression plate from him. Compression will be lowered with the double headgasket and decompression plate method. Going to use a standalone ECU which will be the EMU ECU. The tuner I use will be making a plug-and-play harness. Car will also go MAFless since the EMU has a build-in MAP sensor. Turbo I will be using is a T25 from the first gen Focus RS. So should spool nice and early.
Have almost bought all the needed parts so will soon start tearing down stuff and fitting stuff. Really looking forward to it! It's going to be a low-boost only (~10psi/0,7bar). Hoping for around the 200bhp mark.

Stay tuned! :grin:
1 x
Project Smurf Blueish - viewtopic.php?f=64&t=22261"

Return to “ProjectPuma”