Done a bit of work to the Puma this weekend. Was freezing to be honest, but was just itching to do something since it's been weeks since I've actually done something.
A few months ago I removed all the heatshields, with in mind to refurb them and put them back in a short amount of time. Now were here, two months later and I still haven't refurbed them nor fitted them. Today I did one of these things.
The reason I removed the heatshields was that they were just really filthy but also not fully attached anymore. I removed them when doing my underproofing but managed to break a few of those threaded things that they attach to. So they've been rattling for quite a while and it was literally driving me mad. So I removed them with in mind to clean them up and fit them back correctly. (Not really sure how I'm going to do this. I might go for rivnuts and big washers. Don't thing you're able to fit new threaded things once they broke off?)
Anyway, too much talking. Time for some pictures. I'd have to say that it was really satisficing to clean them. In the end I decided to give them a thin layer of silver paint to get them completely fresh looking.
This is while cleaning, this photo is more of a 50/50 shot. With the left side cleaned and the right side still dirty.
Once cleaned it looked like this:
And once painted it looked like this:
I did the same for the other pieces of heatshield. But cleaning the big centerpiece was the most satisficing and turned out just great!
Untouched, how I removed it from the car:
Fully cleaned, before paint:
And once painted and dried:
That was it for today. Will hopefully fit them quickly, hopefully before spring. Really need to figure out how I will mount them, don't know if rivnuts is possible as you need to drill holes and I don't know if I will end up drilling in my inner carpet then.