So.... What Are Monty & Jasper Looking Concerned About?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PussCat

Monty spots something coming down the close.....

e688909b.jpg

Jasper looks away in disbelief.....

9f6f1c7e.jpg

What did Monty see????

erm, this!

f015e55c.jpg

so... what have we done ?????

;)

erm, yeah :)

only thing is it looked a bit unwell when it arrived, lol....

bf2c3413.jpg

but 5 hours later, after a bit of work by Dunk and myself, it looked a bit less sorry for itself :D

a84a61b8.jpg

We've decided to keep the boot black as a 'feature' ;) and as for the wheels... well we've got the props but all the tyres had been slashed so it's gonna have to sit on steelies for a while.

So, Project 2 is now underway!! And our drive is very full!

That was an awesome intro :D

Impressed :D

And the car already looks heaps better!

What are the plans for this one then?

we're not sure yet.....

but it was another puma that we just had to rescue ;)

you'd think so, wouldn't you ;)

I'm afraid this one was just at a price we couldn't really refuse..... but what we do with it remains to be seen ;)

as I have ad exprience with this smashed up glasses, you might find you need rubber gloves as well as twizzers to get the glass chips out from inside behind the door cards as well as the lower part of the door :) might need to take the rear door cards out to see if there are any bits behind them as well. as well as the lower bench seat.

how much did you get this for btw???

lol no, I think we'll pass on doing up ANOTHER one! This one's prolly gonna sit there for a while now that we've got it secure - until we have time to work on it!

For the moment we've got out as much glass as we can - removed the door cards and got out what we could, had the back seats out as well..... An old vacuum cleaner did a pretty good job on most of the glass.... we know we need to go back to it and strip out pretty much all the interior to do a proper job - but there's no point just now as there's more glass to replace yet.... ! and yeah, we used rubber gloves - heavy duty ones :)

As for how much we paid for it - well, that's between me, Dunk and the bedpost ;)

Hehe; will be interesting!
Was it from a known source if you had to rescue it or was it looking sorry for itself somewhere?

Does it run?

Ha Ha I like the intro, I was studying the picture for a while!

As for the puma, from what I can see witht he pictures the body work doesn't look like it has many dinks danks or dongs?

Good luck on the project!

yup the car starts and runs - but it's not been used for over a month so the battery's a bit dead! We had to bump start it to get it going but once it was going it ran just fine :) Gonna put the battery on charge today and see if it will hold that charge.

It does have a few scrapes / scratches but we're not too bothered about that, cos we're only thinking of using it for AutoSolo / track / sprint so appearance isn't greatly important! One of the front wings was dented but we've pulled most of the dent out with a sink plunger!

The only mechanical thing we've got lined up to do is to change the clutch, cos we noticed it's slipping a bit. Other than that, from what we've seen so far, it's not in bad nick for a Dec 1999 'V' reg with 93k on the clock.

Wow - another one! I'm intruiged to see how this one turns out :D

Latest posts

Back