My Puma (formally pictures at last)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2

Hi, when I created my first post titled "ALLOW ME TO INTRODUCE MYSELF" as a newby I promised some photos. I put them under this topic as any Puma is an on going project to some degree. I have completed the following mods;

Springs.
Wheel spacers.
17" wheels. (latest, Focus ST 170 wheels).
Focus ST 170 disc conversion.
Steering wheel re-trimmed.
Front splitter.
Arches sorted.
Rustproofed with Waxoyl.
Steel braided brake hoses.

Steering wheel as new.

Brake conversion.

Caliper before.

Caliper after

Just a little mod to the filler cap.

After a clean and paint.

Just a few general shots.

Remember; You get more smiles per gallon when you drive a Puma
Regards,
Richard Mansfield.

Hi,
thanks for the poitive comments. I may spray the wheels to match the stripes, it would tie it all together, the existing wheel colour does look a bit odd when viewed at some angles. I will have another option with the wheels. I have obtained some 17" 15 spoke ST 170 Focus wheels that I am referbing with a veiw to doing a project on another Puma, when done I will fit them on the panther black to see how they look.The spliter I made myself it is GRP with a 12mm high density foam core, it it very strong stiff and light. I bolted it on with 5mm stainless bolts useing the existing lugs that the original rubber skirt was clipped onto.
Regards
Richard Mansfield

Hi,
I thought I would do an update. The Puma was SORN at the end of October and stored in the garage. I have done a cold air feed mod. I have also fitted my refurbed Focus ST170 wheels with new tyres. I did originally get the wheels for a project car but I liked them so much, plus I think they look very good on a Puma. So I decided that they could stay on the car in place of the others. Some pictures to look at, The wheels have come out a bit pale I think it was due to the very bright sunshine.

Regards and happy new year to all Puma owners

Hi Richard
Like the splitter, the ST170 wheels and the spare wheel carrier. Was going to start on my spare wheel carrier today but too cold and dying of Manflu :cry:
Barry

Hi,
I put the Puma back on the road today after a winter sleepover in the gararge. I must say the cold air feed mod that I completed whilst it was laid up seemed to make it run smoother and quieter I do not know why, but it is such a simple and cheap mod I would recomend it. It was fantastic to drive the Puma again, the experience bought a smile to my face. I went to Morrisons for a quick shop, I spotted another three Pumas on the trip.
Regards
Richard.

Latest posts

Back