Dutch Sports Edition 2002

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Modena

Hi there!

So Flying Scotsman asked me to make a project thread about my Puma. Great idea since I've only been here asking all kinds of difficult technical questions.

My name is Marina, I'm 24 years old and I'm Dutch. When I was 15 years old I already knew I wanted to have a Puma one day. How did that happen? Well my elder brother once asked me to play Colin McRae rally with him on the Playstation. I looked through there cars I could choose, and then saw the Puma. I immediately liked it! So I started to Google these cars. From that time on the car was on my mind.

When I was 19 years old (still a poor student) I one day saw a 2002 racing blue 1.7 Sports Edition for sale, not far from our house. I asked my brother if he wanted to do a testdrive, just for fun. I didn't have the money and therefor didn't have the intention to seriously buy a Puma at that time. He agreed and we went to see the car. When we arrived and I saw this Puma.... love at first sight!! Uh-oh... So we went for a test drive and I was hoping that the engine or anything else would sound bad so it would be easy to walk away. But it was a perfect drive, a perfect car, first owner, no rust, no dents, no curb damage.... like new! And fast! Oh my... what to do. My brother saw how much I loved the car, I couldn't walk away! Tears in my eyes. So he decided to help me financially. At that time the Pumas (and especially this mint one) were pretty expensive, I never could have done it by myself! But he helped me, and voila! A few ours later on the 29th of 2008 I was the proud owner of a Ford Puma!!

A picture of my brothers Ford Focus (at that time) and my Ford Puma
446119880_6_QWAb.jpg

From that time on every once in a while I made small modifications. I was still a student right.

Then spring 2010 my worst nightmare came true. I had an accident. Someone just drove up the road, right in front of me. I braked, but it didn't help.

What a sad sight :'( I thought to myself: "We had a nice run, but now it's over" The repair company told me that my Puma was total loss. They said the subframe was crooked, my gearbox was smashed and all kinds of other stuff. I seriously was heartbroken. Then we decided to take the Puma home and see what we could do ourselves! Guess what, my subframe and gearbox were fine! It was just metal, a headlight, a wheel and (a lot of) other "small" stuff that luckely was repairable!

My Puma could be saved!!!

So that's about 3 years ago. 2 years ago I decided to buy another daily car, since I graduated and had to drive to work every day. Now the Puma only sees the road on Sunny days. In the winter it "sleeps", lol. Nowadays, it looks like this:

376308_3169246329547_1067419630_n.jpg

546741_3169248609604_1781849765_n.jpg

264599_3169248009589_333846774_n.jpg

229071_3169255529777_1604380391_n.jpg

549666_3169256289796_1386411087_n.jpg

Real FRP alloys, and as you can see... I still need some genuine FRP centre caps :roll:
I should make an (Engish) list of all my modifications. Coming up!

This is already "just" lying around here :lol:

This is my daily :lol:

Had this one for a while, because it had that FRP inlet manifold. Got it out and sold the car.

So, that's my story :grin:

It's nice to see this model on the UK forums since we didn't have it :grin:

Great story...even greater car...congrats for your passion...your rims are 17inch right? It looks very nice

Bobby4Puma said:
Great story...even greater car...congrats for your passion...your rims are 17inch right? It looks very nice

Rims are original frp 17" :)

Hi,
your Puma looks really good. Good job that you decided to have ago at the repairs yourself. Over estimation of damage happens a lot because the insurance companies want to write the car off, a similar thing happened to my daughters Megane convertable. It was sold for salvage and put back on the road. Anyway I am glad that it is a tale with a happy ending and another classic is back on the road.
Regards,
Richard Mansfield.

What an absolutely beautiful Puma :).

One of your Dutch friends came over to our stand at Ford Fair a few weeks ago. We had a brief chat about your car and your need for the centre caps. I'm sorry i'm not able to help you. But please keep us update with any progress you make with your Puma.

Thank you very much everybody! Great comments :grin:

Cartman said:
Bobby4Puma said:

Rims are original frp 17" :)

Indeed original 17" MiM by Speedline FRP alloys. They come from FRP 093.

Bentleya said:
What an absolutely beautiful Puma :).

One of your Dutch friends came over to our stand at Ford Fair a few weeks ago. We had a brief chat about your car and your need for the centre caps. I'm sorry i'm not able to help you. But please keep us update with any progress you make with your Puma.

Three of my friends went to the Ford Fair indeed. I asked them to keep their eyes open for me :) So they even had a little chat with you, very nice to hear! Still hoping to get a set of these caps one day.... my personal quest :lol:

Latest posts

Back