Blaine's Puma Thunder

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaine

Sorry have not been on for a while

I got rid of my old Puma after being unhappy with water leaks on the car etc and decided to buy a 51 plate Puma thunder in April this year instead.

I am the second owner of the car.
Genuine 38,000 miles on the clock
Copy of every receipt for the car

Here are a couple of pics of when I First got it

D8B7A542-16C7-42AE-B2E4-FD8E0DB86F27-1289-000000C6237750A6_zps5eefebec.jpg

The paperwork

A73B0B9D-AF17-42B7-BA92-942C4474BB0B-1289-000000C98464C5C2_zpsd119205d.jpg

Basically in the time I have owned it all I have done is a set of front pads and discs and the Silver Accessory handbrake handle

Here are some new pics

DSC_0084_zpsef85c38f.jpg

DSC_0090_zps2d3f356e.jpg

DSC_0095_zpsc63995c9.jpg

IMG_20130706_165650_zps00ba6e91.jpg

red said:
:cool: gotta love some magnum grey

I agree :cool: Ya cant beat a bit of Magnum Grey :p

Nice find Blaine, looks in better nic then mine thats for sure :-D

Thanks for the kind comments!

The car is quite tidy, It has a bit of laquer peel on the passenger side and the rust is just starting to come through on bottom of the driver's door and the rear arches but these will bot be addressed!

Have not updated this in a long while but to be honest I have not really done anything to the car.

I am looking at doing a full underside restoration on it in the summer but need to find some ideas of what this entails as this is something that I have never done before. So any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I have a few driveability issues with the car also that I need to address as well as some general age related rust issues.

Been debating if the Puma was really worth the effort over recent weeks but I have decided that it is staying now.

So expect to see some progress over the coming months with it.

Got a few things to sort

Underside Restoration
Repair rear arches
Repair Front drivers sill
Repair rust on bottom of drivers door/wing
Fix Engine
Fix Starting concern
Find missing trim items
try and get CD player overhauled
Buy high level brake light

Bought myself a 1.7 Black Puma to strip for parts which should give me a few spares of certain things.

The rest will be going up for sale shortly

Have not been on here for quite a while, mainly due to the fact I started loosing interest in the car scene due to a minority of idiots that started causing issues on a local Ford group which I used to run, nevermind!

Due to this I have not really shown the Puma the love that it needs. My other half has been using the car for nearly a year now to get to work and back and it is in general need of some tidying. I have decided that once I come back from my holidays in June we are going to look for another car for the missus, probably another Puma. This will mean that I can take this one off the road and spent some time/money on it. However I don't imagine this will be anything quick as I also have a wedding to save for!

I will try and take some pics of the car next weekend and give you all an update on what is happening but up to now I need to fix the following.

Both rear arches need repaired
Rust coming through on drivers sill where you open the door
Replace door trim clips
Repair rust on front wings
Investigate engine rattle (Still really worried about this)
Fix front crank oil seal
Replace rear axle bushes
Fix various trim rattles
Buy new high level brake light as mine is cracked
Buy some interior door trim screw covers
Find some Wiper nut covers

As you can see I have quite a bit to do

Hello everybody, ages since I have been on here.

In the past year the car has been used by my girlfriend and now I have it back I have noticed that time has not been kind to the Puma. The rear arches are much worse than what they were, the bottom of the doors have started to rust as have the bottom of the wings. I also have piston slap on the engine and last time I changed the plugs there was an awful lot of oil on the bottom of number 1 Spark plug. So needless to say I think it needs the engine replaced too.

Now I have the car back I would like to get it all fixed. I know people will say why when its an old car but I have wanted a Puma since I was 13. I just hope the panels are not too far gone to replace.

Anything is repairable, it just comes down to time and money.

Does sound like time has not been kind here as you say, how many miles has it done now? You would expect something of 40,000 miles to be in good condition but if it's spent all its life outside, the time is the key factor here.

Good luck with it.

Latest posts

Back