Eric the puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jifflemon

Eric,

As promised a long time ago , I've finally got round to doing a little update about Eric, my puma.

The one thing I have realised, is that I'm incredibly crap at remembering to take photos. So, there's a lack of photos right now to cover the progress, although as it's all standard stuff so far, its nothing you haven't seen a hundred times before!

So here's how he looks now:

AL9nZEXAUkYaA2793HyX0dNYLiJIIHbirveKhYhZ5SyllmaDCzJy2m_4vcIu7mkORv8JUOG3sqSO_bGzzN9rbYczZHKuNOwqOCnpRwZvJlYN2eVQYgizC_BUPwOk0ywQCxQpt_-9f7E_i-Q3sHrhgVsogyqZqw=w2372-h1337-no

He's finally got through his mot needing just:

4 x new shocks
4 x new Top mounts
-35mm springs
New rear beam bushes
New front wishbones
New droplinks
New front flexis
New front brake pipes
New exhaust.
New drivers heated wing mirror

OK.... some of that wasn't actually needed for the MOT but I figured whilst I'm doing it, I may as well cover off the usual suspects!

Also treated the leather to a scuff kit from Gliptone - Very impressed to be honest. Sadly one of those jobs where I forgot to take the before and after pictures, but the leather now looks quite reasonable instead of "uhhhh!"

Still got a list of stuff to do:

1) Swap the wheels over for some old skool TSW Evo's - Need to get some spigot rings and to find a bloody spanner for the centre cap nut. Possibly check the wheel nuts fit too. - Done! Need a something better than oil filter pliers though!
2) Find the damn awful vibration. It may be the wheels, but it may also be driveshafts. -It was the driveshafts!
3) Find an aerial and add some MP3ness to the standard headunit.
4) Do something with the rear view mirror - it offends me! it just looks so cheap and nasty

I suppose I should add "sort out the bodywork" as a number 5, but as that's pretty much every puma owners long term objective isn't it? :lol:

Looks pretty good, not sure about the name though :grin: and yes I know mine is called "buttercup" but.."eric" :?:

Eric is an epic name. Eric Clapton, Eric Morecambe, Eric Idle, Eric Cantona, Flat Eric... and now Eric Puma. :thumbs:

yeah, there's quite a few brand spanking new ones for not much more either!

Need to add squeeling drivebelt to the list too, along with fit front mudflaps.

New day, new fault.

Heater Blower doesn't work on setting 4.
Oddly, it works on 1-3 which would seem to rule out the heater resistor pack.

Can't see it being the resistor pack if it works 1-3 because that's what the resistor pack controls. This one seems to be the opposite of the usual Puma problems. If the resistor goes it just works on no4 settings.
Barry

So, Nasty clunking noise Identified and replacement driveshafts ordered from IanG.
Any pointers on gearbox oil? Whats best to stick in, where the drain and fill points are?

Drivebelt finally ordered too!

Gearbox oil - I'd stick with Ford and it's 75w-90 fully synthetic. Otherwise a Castrol 75w-90 will be ok too.

Filler is at the front, it's an Allen key head.

Drain (if it has one) is bottom in the middle near where the bell housing bolts to the actual gearbox. It's screws in towards the timing end of the engine. Drain plug is also an Allen key head.

Latest posts

Back