Corley Turbo Project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corley

Hey all, i've decided to start my low boost turbo project this weekend,ive been collecting parts now for a little while waiting for some better weather to kick in!.
Anyway I'm new to turbos so alot of this is going to be a learning experience for me :)

(just realised have not got a pic of the Puma to go with my intro - not a good start!)

Anyway i spent all morning removing the exhaust manifold, Cat and heat shield etc etc! tight fiddly job!!
24xmec0.jpg

bfmfz6.jpg

Pic of my exhaust manifold
ev1a9x.jpg

manifold + Turbo
qqq0cp.jpg

As you can imagine i was very keen to see if the turbo and manifold fit behind the engine and i am very happy to confirm they do - oh yea my earth strap from the engine broke lol
2cq1efs.jpg

Pic from below, you can see i need to rotate the turbo now which i have never done before so i need to learn this next
2cqcjg1.jpg

exhaust also needs trimming down :)
maa0s2.jpg

So thats it for today, just place holder stuff to make sure the turbo + manifold fit really

Looking good so far, im looking to do a turbo conversion also so will be good seeing how you progress, where did you get the manifold made up from or is that something your've made?

hi mate, no i didn't do the manifold i got it made up from LMS - http://www.lightningmotorsport.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seems to have taken care of one of the hardest parts for me :)

yeah it does, i was looking at having the car completely done by lms but think i would like to try it myself

Will be watching this with much enthusiasm.
Good to go with the LMS exhaust manifold, good inlet angle of attack.
I would strongly recommend using reflective heat protection on the firewall before bolting that's all in place.

This project sounds great. Good luck with it and I am sure you will get all the advice you need here.
Following with interest.

This project sounds great. Good luck with it and I am sure you will get all the advice you need here.
Following with interest.

Nice to meet you the other day mate, looks like your doing a great job with the conversion, looking forward to more updates.

Flying Scotsman said:
I would strongly recommend using reflective heat protection on the firewall before bolting that's all in place.

advice taken, i have some reflective heat material + exhaust wrap waiting :)

Some updates:

I had a few issues with the rotation of the turbo which caused me more delays than i want to admit to :), massive thanks to PumaNoob for saving me, heres how it looks now:

i1iuk0.jpg

30cvh9e.jpg

I started mounting the intercooler:

s4q992.jpg

Bumper on to make sure it fits and how it looks:

28c0lcx.jpg

Next on my to do list this week:
Install oil sandwich plate and look at oil feeds
Relocate Battery to boot - no room/restrictive angles
Start fitting intercooler piping

Will update soon!

corley said:
Flying Scotsman said:

Get yourself a Turbo blanket too
Something like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161304446917" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Flying Scotsman said:
corley said:
Flying Scotsman said:

Get yourself a Turbo blanket too
Something like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161304446917" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers just braught it :)

hopefully the reflective heat material + exhaust wrap + Turbo blanket will take care of the heat issue and keep the engine bay protected.

what downpipe are you using? Is that from a saab and this might be straight forward for some but what happens to the lamda sensor due relocate that or isit not needed

lee2313 said:
what downpipe are you using? Is that from a saab and this might be straight forward for some but what happens to the lamda sensor due relocate that or isit not needed

down pipe is from a Saab, there is a hole for the lamda - i will see if i can take a pic and post it soon to show.

ok heres some pics, i have just unscrewed the lambda sensor and its a direct fit
2zr0pi8.jpg

2z4a6nl.jpg

let me know if you need any more info mate

Latest posts

Back