Panther...The. Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardmonkeys

Finally got my little project today, a 2001 (registered 31/5/01 in fact...which makes it 13yrs today) 1.7 Puma Black

d9d8c1ff44d93f752a25fb17e741b00e.jpg

e76e389a83208c69defc5fe0b9abde60.jpg

More pics to follow soon, needs a few bits, abs and TC lights on...passenger door mirror needs replacing...no mot or tax, so unknown in what's needed underneath, but looks ok...it's a project that could take a while, I'm in no rush.

I'll come back soon with more pics :)

Thanks

Warren

Nice kitty! How much did you pay for it? I hope you don't find holes in the floor and in the usual places but the rest are smallish jobs like your wing mirror and sensor replacement can be done in bits and drabs. What I done, Warren, is make a list of what needs doing and might need doing and my list is nearly finished. I be keeping an eye on this new project of yours and see what happens. Good luck!

Nice car at sweet price!! I need to find my self something similar to this!! I really want a red one this time round though!

Thanks. More pics are on the way, I've just moved house too, so things are a bit hectic, I've no broadband at the new place as yet, until Tuesday, and the 3G signal is non existent here. Really looking forward to getting teeth into this!

I'll try go up the old place later and get more pics on.

Hello all,

Sorry for the lack of words lol, as stated before I've just moved house and we have no broadband or 3G round where we live, so I've been adding pics where I can quickly get a signal...

Ok...well, let's introduce this properly, My project is a Panther Black 2001 Puma Black with 107k on the clock, she has no MOT OR TAX, it ran out of MOT on December 27th 2012!!! So hasn't been used for almost 18mths..god knows what I'm gonna find out :lol:

Having a quick look around, it seems ok...but like I say who knows what's underneath. I have no idea where it's been stored for 18mth..I bought it off a guy who I think was gonna track race it, but decided against it...again. to sure why.

I'm gonna try book it in for MOT either this weekend or next, will report back with my findings...

Well, I can't talk for other people, but I do it so people don't use it to clone a car, or get a plate made up with my reg and use it to do a crime lol...

...whaaaa.??? I was bought up in the city lol...trust no one, then you can't get hurt :)

Thanks...I hope it will become nicer soon with a bit of work :)

hardmonkeys said:
I do it so people don't use it to clone a car, or get a plate made up with my reg and use it to do a crime
Won't really make any difference. Won't stop someone writing it down when your driving it around. ;p

slayllian said:
Why do people blank out their number plates? Nice car btw. :eek:k:
The american registration system used to have a slight oversight, you could get the owners name and address from just knowing the reg of a car (dunno if they still do).
With the advent of the internet, it was even easier to track that yank Ferrari to it's abode, and pilfer it :shock:
So originally, american forums advised users to blank out their licence plate.
There is no need here in Ireland and probably not GB either.

slayllian said:
Why do people blank out their number plates? Nice car btw. :eek:k:
I also blank my number plates on pics and it is for the same reason as said above. In Finland if you know someone's licence plate number, you can get his/her real name and home address. Of course someone could just follow me home when they see me if they had a reason, but it still feels safer to blank the number plate.

Really nice Puma! Black is great coloud on Puma. Especially when you have leather interior and not that fabric one which look likes its made out of grandpa's underpants.

Latest posts

Back