ford puma black project 1.7

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demonskull13

hi i have had my ford puma for about 2 months now and started on hear wrong so i will go from the start to now it is a w 2000 plate and cost me £380 with 12 months m.o.t.i bought it and had a oil leak from the sump had a bit of trouble as the sump plug wouldnt come off so dropped the hole sump and then managed to get the sump plug off with my step son repaced with magnetic sump plug then bought a set of 17" wheels and tyres cost me £150 bargainhad 3 brand new tyres on with same make and tread other one is slightly worn so am replacing with same tyre as other 3 job done
hears a list of what i want to do to it

fit oil cooler
upgrade front brakes to vented and grooved
also change rear brakes from drum to disc vented and grooved
k&n 57i airfilterjob done
upgrade suspension stiffen and lower
i have sanded and filled and sprayed worst wheel arch for now will have it cut out and new one welded in in the future (both sides)job done for now untill i have old ones cut out and new ones welded in next year
upgrade hoses
new bucket seats
stearing wheel
exhaust
now for the expensive bit upgrade to turbo or
frp 2.0 or 2.3 or 2.5 duratec turbo seen on sale for £6,500,00 complete new engine should fit in
also looking on ebay ect for turbo (or complete engine)hopefully of a right off but good engine

if anyone knows anyone with any of these parts for sale please contact me thankyou
how do you put photos on hear ? as i want a picture of my car

back working on my car (spraying candy purple)for the detailing
took engine cover off had problems with the allen key nuts (rounded off) so bought some easy outs from ebay for about £4 one of the best £4 i spent just had to drill hole slighty and then put easy out on the drill put drill in reverse as its a oposite thread when it tries to drill it grabs the nut harder when going in took the nuts off easily.
then degreased the engine cover now for what i have done recently
undercoated engine cover with heat resistant spray then sprayed it in candy purple heat ressistant spray
then done the same to the battery strap
then done the same to the drum brackes
then done the same to dash board still using the same heat ressistant spray to uniform the colour
next i will be doing the same to the center console
im not doing the front calipers yet as im upgrading the brackes to mondeo mk3 caliperes and bigger discs

now i am getting the whole car resprayed .I am going round the car looking for inperfections in the body work to fill flat down and prime

when the entire car is totally primed i need use of a spray booth
does anyone know where they rent spray booths out for the day the car is going to its original panther black i am buyin a air commpresser and everything else i need

please could someone tell me how to get photos up on hear as ive got some good ones now and want to show my work to see what other puma fangs think of it thankyou

You'll never fit a 2.5 Duratec between the suspension towers, I know someone who tried it on a Mark 1 Focus (a bigger engine bay than a Puma) and it wouldn't fit that either

Good luck with your ambitious engine transplant plans.
I personally love the 1.7 vct unit and have concentrated my efforts on the handling
(lack of power is less of an issue when you don't slow down for corners :wink: )
I may have one thing to get you on your way, p.m'd..

hi i have a question about my ford puma 1.7 i have fitted 17"wheels on it and am after some bigger brake discs. will i also have to put bigger callipers on it ? if so do the callipers coast much? thankyou :?

my ford puma project black 1.7 is no more as wrote off on the motorway before christmas:

so now im on my ford puma melina blue 1.7 project 2! its a 1999 car with only 93k miles on it owned by old lady for the past 4 years so hasent been raged engine is a very good one. just normal wheel arch rust worse on drivers side than passengers.

i have a idea of what i am going to be doing to it first job
OE HCV £45.00 off ebay bought need fitting just need to buy antifreeze and give system a flush when i have the money
next:front drivers side abs needs replacing :bought of ebay £10.50 just need to undo 8mm bolt might need to take it to a garage as it is very tight on.
next :backbox sportex off ebay £144.99 order next week
next :ap coilovers ebay £326.00 need to save up for. needed before m.o.t in november as on last m.o.t said shocks rusty but not major
next :eek:nto the wheels 17" white wheels & tyres
next :ford mondeo mk 3 front brake conversion
then when thats done see what to do next i will keep this updated

Back