Because one just isn't enough..

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtfulHussy

I now have two! Yayayayay! :thumbs:
Thanks to Gary (quest) I'm now the proud owner of two of the wee beasts.
And a packet of Eccles cakes.

Haven't really done anything to it besides calling it Reggie (couldn't cope with Eugene, sorry Questy!).

Whipped out the headlining and pillar trims and recovered them in black faux suede type stuff, but so far haven't even managed to get a pic of what it looks like fitted yet.

The interior is alchemy, but long run I'm after gettin the interior from a Thunder and a pair of sports seats to replace the fronts. I've got black wrap for the roof and a shark fin antenna but haven't had the time or weather to put them on.

Eventually I will get round to moving parts over from Puma, but I don't have space to work on two cars, and I'm after altering what I have anyway. I want my brakes overhauled and coated professionally (assuming I keep the ST170 set up, which I think are quite heavy, although I couldn't believe the diffrence going back to standard brakes. A couple of shocks first few times I stamped on the brake in Reggie :lol: ). Also thinking of going down to 16s rather than the 17s that I'm running. I do like the big wheels on it, but the roads up my way are SO BLOODY AWFUL that I think the extra bit of tyre would be more suitable for daily running. My coilies need rebuilt as well. FRP air box mod and blah-de-blah-de-blah.

Hopefully be able to start working on bits and pieces some time after New Year. Started my wee listies to try to keep track of progress. If there is any.. I've no doubts I will add more wishes as time goes on..

Wishlist
4-2-1 Manifold
Powerflow Exhaust (I have one at home that I think could be chopped up and remade to suit)
FRP Air Box Mod + cold intake
Strut Braces all round
Splitter
Shark Fin antenna to fit
Rear Axle w/ Powerflex bushes transferred
Wishbones w/ PF bushes transferred
Coilies refurbed and transferred
12.5mm front spacers transferred (rears TBC)
20mm rear spacers TBC
ST170 brakes professionally coated and rebuilt
Discs and pads transferred
16" wheels (I have a set of Team D 17s that will go up for sale at some point!)
Rear window tints
Black leather interior (Thunder?) inc door cards + dash, less front seats
Front sport seats
Recovered steering wheel
Mondeo Brake Servo + new lines throughout
Refurb petrol tank
Rust treat floorplan
Weld sills where required..
Treat inside arches before dreaded rot takes hold

Done!
Headliner + pillar trims recovered - fitted

I had 2 until recently and sold my green one. But have a 1.7 Fiesta mk4 as well which is full Puma anyway so i'll say i'm still at 2

I have another one stripped dose that count as another? If so that's 5 not 4 lol. Must make some project threads at some point.

I'll be stripping Puma right down to a shell eventually. She's all rot n stuff and needs a lot of welding, probably a new slam panel too. I did think breaking for parts (probably keeping most of them as spares..!) and then chopping the shell for scrap metal but it seemed barbaric and I just can't part with her.

Don't know what I want to do with her, or if I will ever have the money to do anything, but I'll keep her anyway. Meantime I'm going to avoid doing anything daft with Reggie, try to stick to mods that I can transfer later if want to.

trublustu said:
One and a half Ally..

Can I haggle and say 1 and 3/4 as I know you want let me go as far as 2!

Got full genuine Puma suspension, FRP engine, brakes etc........

plz lol

Hmm..
Coz christmas is round the Christmas I'll be generous. :grin:

I'm eyeing up number 3! (a Black with a blown engine)

By the way, Artful,
Is that the flexible liming carpet you use with spray glue as seen on eBay.
If so how is it to use? I want to line out my van.

I used this stuff and "Trim-Fix" spray adhesive, also purchased from ebay. I only went through two tins, and I had to pull the cover of the liner half-way through my first attempt. It holds quick but not so hard that you can't peel it off if you realise you've goosed it. Although I wouldn't like to try to get it off once it has completely set.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400694714898?var=670240766009&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649#ht_906wt_736" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It felt quite thin initally and I was a little dubious. But it stretched well for what I was trying to do and has covered perfectly (no see-through bits). I used heaps of clothes pegs all round edges and there was a little cutting and stretching around awkward edges after I had it completely covered. I will get pics of the headliner up eventually - I fitted it the same day but was dark by the time I'd gotten the thing back in!

have a look here:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=329558" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and possibly here:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=325069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fabex said:
How hard isit to do the headliner and pillars?

It wasn't very difficult at all really. Surprised myself a little. I used almost three tins of trim fix spray adhesive and fabric that was advertised as being suitable for headliner retrimming. It has enough stretch in it but not so much that you could potentially overstretch it and end up with an uneven colour.

I had pegs all round the edges as i went along and i started from the front windscreen edge and worked back. Once it had set for a while i flipped it over and removed pegs a section at a time so i could trim the edges and fold the fabric onto the back of the liner. Used more glue and some good old duck tape on the back just to be sure.

Latest posts

Back