Rally car build (Poppy)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJRallying

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd start a thread for Poppy my 1.7 that's currently being stripped and built into a stage rally car, it'll be a slow build and so will the updates in the thread but I'll try to keep you all entertained with the progress as it moves forward. Hope you enjoy once I start the photo updates.

Cheers
Kev

Must get one started for mine lol. I txt you with my number over the Xmas period to organise your coming over to look at my shed but got no reply.

Graeme

OMG Graeme you did, I'm so sorry buddy, forgot all about your text with every thing else that was going on, promise I'll sort it soon.

Kev

Right guys, here's the first of many pics for you, having her last wash before she goes in the garage.

KJRallying said:
OMG Graeme you did, I'm so sorry buddy, forgot all about your text with every thing else that was going on, promise I'll sort it soon.

Kev
No problem Kev. Don't think we have to much left to do now. Have you got a cage yet?

Graeme

phil185 said:
By we're going to be flooded with puma stage cars in the NE at this rate!

Phil
Yep going to be quite a few now Phil. It's also good that every ones car is different and we all helping others out with bits and bobs.

Graeme

mrbushrat said:
phil185 said:

Phil
Yep going to be quite a few now Phil. It's also good that every ones car is different and we all helping others out with bits and bobs.

Graeme

Yep, plan is to have ours out this year. Selling the throttle body set up to fund the rest of the build, gutted to lose it but needs must.

Phil

phil185 said:
mrbushrat said:
phil185 said:

Phil

Graeme

Yep, plan is to have ours out this year. Selling the throttle body set up to fund the rest of the build, gutted to lose it but needs must.

Phil
So are you staying 1700 or going 1600 then?

Graeme

Curiousity question - does sticking with the 1700 put you in the big boy class? Am I right in thinking there's an "up to 1600" and a "1600+" class?

ArtfulHussy said:
Curiousity question - does sticking with the 1700 put you in the big boy class? Am I right in thinking there's an "up to 1600" and a "1600+" class?
If you run a 1700cc puma you will run in the up to 2000cc class. Meaning running with 250bhp+ big boys. But power is nothing without good brakes and handling Oh Yeh and big balls.

Graeme

Need to exchange my hamster balls for some melons haha. Doing a few rallies in the s1600 puma has spurred me on to finish ours, just want a clicky box now!

Graeme, I haven't ordered my cage yet, want to get all the prep work done first then get it so it's ready to go straight in and painted once the kit is also on :grin:

Kev

Just go for a weld in cage as with a bolt in you don't have as room. You will see when you come round. The next car will have a weld in one.
Are you going for a wide arch kit then?

Graeme

Yeah CDS weld in multi point from Custom Cages is the only way to go and yes to the FRP kit too :wink:

Back