Fresh Start

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexwilliams840

Hello everyone, I've been on here a while now and I've had a previous Project Thread but I thought I'd start fresh. So what state is the car currently in...
- Natural Aspirated... But with 4-2-1 & full stainless. MAF & TB modded by Jacko. Air box mod that is similar to FRP but better IMO. Fuel pressure regulator with wideband to sort fuelling out
- AP Coilovers
- Fully rebuilt 300mm front brake upgrade
- 13 Row Mocal oil cooler
- Few unnecessary bits removed. Rear seats, rear speakers, rear seat belts, spare wheel & holder, heat shields replaced with reflective tape, quite a chunk cut out from the front bumper from when the large intercooler was in place
- Few interior changes including swapping to leather, white suede roof lining, anthracite pillar trim, black centre console trim

To do list...
-Re do turbo conversion. Standard compression & 7 psi. Just need a new turbo.
- Make 300mm brakes fit with standard 9 spokes
- Fit 195/45/15 tyres to 9 spokes
- Have the car be <950kg

Anyway, few pics

Cheers mate :thumbs: Not as much as I am I bet! Lol. Hoping the oil return won't be as much of a bitch as it was first time round!

When I buy another turbo and when I get a sunny weekend. I have a focus manifold (big thanks to Cherryvimto for that) which I'll weld my flange on to so I can have some influence in how easy the oil return will be but it's never going to be a nice thing to do

I've absolutely hated the oil return. It's been a total nightmare.
I've lost count how many different parts and fittings I've bought and I still can't get it sorted.
I have contacted a local metal worker and asked if he can make me a bespoke fitting before I lose my rag, sell all the parts and say bo***cks to it!
I'm going to loan him my spare engine complete with the centre shaft bolted to it along with the turbo & manifold so he can make a fitting to it.

Anyhow, good luck with this one again!

Love the back lights! How did you do them / where did you get them?!!

I cut open some spare lights and took out the clear cover for the reverse lights then cut the indicator bulb holder and swapped the lenses. Glued it all back together and you're good to go

A forum member by the name of "Jacko" used to do a modifying service when he would increase the size of the MAF and TB.

He has since left the forum and Puma ownership I believe

Latest posts

Back