blue puma from holland

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshua551

Hello everyone.

I've been reading a lot on this forum since I got my puma. this forum really helped my out some times. keep up the good work :wink:

Back to business, the puma is the second car I own. my first car was a little, underpowerd Daihatsu Cuore L501 from 1997. since I got my puma back in november there have been a few changes to her. and now it was about time to post the progress in a project threat as there are still things that i want to do.

About the car: The puma I've got is from february 2000. It's the century version I've got. that means I have the 1.7 model with the blue recaro interior, amparo blue paint and the 9 spoke wheels. this is how I bought her back in november:
Screenshot_2014-11-12-08-33-13_zpsueudtvow.png

Screenshot_2014-11-12-08-34-13_zpsrcqpdyda.png

Screenshot_2014-11-12-08-33-30_zpsh8kal6pu.png

Screenshot_2014-11-12-08-34-01_zpsbgkskpus.png

It looked very good, except for the usual rusty arches. also the valve cover was leaking a bit. after the test drive I was sold immediatly. it pulled very wel, braking was good and it handeled like a go kart, even on the crappy tires it had. the car did even have a new cambelt. As most dutch people can see on the number plate, mine is an import. She was imported form Germany, but this doesn't borther me.

after a few weeks of driving i went to the ford dealer and bought a new valve cover gasket with I later put on with some friends who wanted to help. I also did buy some new spark plugs while a frend cleened up the engine bay a bit.
20141114_150836_zpsfssztxny.jpg

later my radio died, so i had to seek a new radio. this became a chinese double din radio wich included a rear view camera. around the same time i dit put in an 8'' subwoofer and an amp wich came out of my old car.
the radio
20150105_203518_zpss1msiw6w.jpg

the sub and amp
20150128_141722_zpswxw6bkke.jpg

20150128_141727_zpsuqnymfvh.jpg

next it was time for a bit of service for the puma with included new oil (valvoline syn power 5w30) and a new oil filter, i also took care of the underside of the puma by cleaning the rusty bits with a wire brusch and spraying it with black Tectyl bodysafe wax.
20150129_150702_zpsinmdn5xa.jpg

later i found some 16'' 6.5j et37 fox racing wheels on the internet wich were in good shape. picked them up and put them on the same evening.
20150209_195713_zpszxtazh1l.jpg

a friend helped my, he wanted to show me it has to be lower.
20150209_195704_zpspgjn8kd7.jpg

made some pics with daylight
20150214_153801_zps8vcqi7zo.jpg

20150214_153822_zpsogdboxye.jpg

then i did the usual racing puma air box upgrade, it seems a bit more responsive with this mod. it certanly is louder now.
20150219_143747_zpsa4dfathy.jpg

a few weeks ago i did put a switch between the torque limiter cable with goes into the ecu (I also found that mine has the TAPE ecu). i couldn't beleve how much of a diffrence it makes in first gear.

But, the said news is, my puma isn't driveable at the moment. the right hand side rear shock absorber has blown and i am waiting for my parts at the moment. I went for the TA technix springs+shock absorber set wich will lower the car 40mm.

to do list:
- put on my new srings and shocks
-do something about the rusty arches, they are really getting worse.
-after the arches are done i will probably wrap the hole car, as the car has 50 shades of blue.
-OMP lower strut brace, they seem to affect the handling in a good way.
-put winter tires on my original 9 spoke wheels
-front splitter. they really look nice
-upgrade the brakes, i got the little 238 mm brakes, so at some point i will be upgrading them.
-keep it nice and running.
-whatever comes on my path down the way.

Hello Joshua.
Nice car and cool mods.

I must also comment on the VERY nice seats fitted.
The `Century` spec model was not available in the UK.
The only model we got with the Recaro seat was the yellow `Millennium` model.

I`ll head off to Europe with a van to tour car breakers one day..

Welcome aboard :thumbs:

We also have a member who travelled from Croatia to Germany and bought a Futura model which we also do not have here, he also has Recaro seats but black with blue thread iirc.

Also we don't have that colour unless the car came from Ireland.

Is there a record of all the special aditions offered throughout Europe?
I`m sure there are some unseen (to us limeys) pukka Ford parts that would go down well in the world of project pumas...

Hi, Joshua, yes, this is german futura, later named Futura 1 model. It was powered by 1.7 engine and had leather interior with recaro front seats.
Later in program came Futura II model which had also leather interior, but not Recaro seats and was powered by 1.6 engine...
It would be similar to your Thunder model, I think, but never received the multispoke wheels. It had standard 9 spoke wheels instead...
I agree with others, this colour suits car very nicely!

Thank you for all the good reactions. I don't know if there is an record of the european special editions. I do know thatin holland we also recieved a "sport" spec edition. These cars would be made into european frp's. But this didnt happen so they got the nine spoke wheels and the recaro interior simillar to mine, but they are the same color blue as the frp.

Also, the puma is still sitting in the parking lot waiting for parts.

This site lists the Futura and Sport, http://www.pumaclub.nl/speciale-edities/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; translated to:-

Century

(Produced 118 pieces for the Netherlands, 2000-2001 Amparo in the color blue)
Century_1-300x225.png
Century_2-300x225.png

As was the millennium edition in England Zinc Yellow, so he got into the rest of Europe the separate Amparo blue color. This "century" edition has the same rims as the yellow English millennium edition, only without special millennium centrecap. He also got a black leather interior with blue piping amparo and Recaro seats.

Sport Edition

(Produced 500, 2001-2002 in color Racing / Imperial Blue. Only 69 units delivered in the Netherlands)
Sport_edition_1.png
Sport_edition_3.png

The Sports Edition was originally intended to be Racing Puma. They were as ordinary Puma made in the separate color Imperial Blue and then converted to become Racing Puma. 1000 pieces would be made. 500 for the British market and 500 for the German market. After the 500 had been delivered to the UK market Ford came to the conclusion that the 500 for the German market had to be canceled because they price / performance ratio could not compete against other brands like Subaru Impreza. So the remaining 500 were a "normal" Puma. They were provided with a black leather interior and sport rims millennium.

I've been busy the past week, because last week I finally got my suspention parts.
this is what came in the mail.
20150420_152712_zpsigfcmhi4.jpg

so i went to school the moment it arrived, cause at school I could use the spring compressors. (I'm studying automotive engineering at the HAN university of applied sciences) changed the top mounts to the new shocks and got rid of my old springs and shocks which looked wors than i was expecting.
20150423_090220_zpsmzjbneig.jpg

20150417_151746_zpsohedj9bb.jpg

also took the time for some rust prevention and cleened the wheelarch carpets while all the suspention parts where off.
some pics off the progress.
20150417_165220_zpstyrtzy9f.jpg

20150417_151804_zps7jntddnr.jpg

20150418_182422_zpsd2vfg8zh.jpg

20150423_091955_zps0uz5ykji.jpg

20150423_105808_zpsc25dalza.jpg

and this is how it sits now.
20150423_135842_zpsfoptew2m.jpg

also took the car for a wheel alignment rightaway.
20150424_163305_zpsbypnzyke.jpg

I'm very happy with the results. the ride is a bit stiffer, but not to stiff. it takes corners so much better now and the car looks so much better now it is lowered.

I did put on a new exhaust a few weeks ago.
20150602_153207_zpsxeqont35.jpg

20150604_174911_zpsvpp3no0m.jpg

I really like the sound of it, nice and quiet at constant speed and a deep rumble while accelerating. The best thing is of course the pops and bangs :lol:

Wow, your Puma looks awesome...I like the color :grin:

One question about the Ta technix. I got myself the same set but when installed, my Puma didnt drop the 40/40mm it was suppose to. Did you have any problems during installation ?

This is how it sits after installation :(
https://db.tt/33IjJGtB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://db.tt/VqFxgnAk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://db.tt/nzW9iJcN" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hello, sorry for the late reaction :roll:
no i didn't have any problems with installing them, apart from that my old shocks did need a lot of hammering to come lose on the front. I don't really know why yours did't drop more than that. this is how mine sat when i was done
20150423_135922_zpshulmnv26.jpg

hope it still helps you a bit.

i also got a little update. wrapping foil is on its way for the car! the color i ordered is: WHITE! :grin:
hope it turns out well, here is a litthe photoshop of the car in white.
puma%20wit%20zar_zpsxynaoc3v.png

Latest posts

Back