New Moondust arrival

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2

Hi,
With the arrival today of my second Puma I thought I would start another project thread in addition to my other Puma thread entitled Pictures at last. This Puma will be journeying down a road completely different to my black Puma.

I feel as though I am extremely fortunate to have taken ownership of what I consider must be one of the most unique examples of a truly iconic car.

The car in question is a 2000 moondust 1.7 with under 14000 miles on the clock.

Project plans are.
Do nothing to it at all.
Keep it in the garage.
Do not get it wet apart from washing.

Here are a few photos I took shortly after its arrival

[img ][/img]

Regards,
Richard.

Hi Richard
So you got it then you lucky sod :)
Looking at the pictures underneath I can see it's really nice and relatively rust free. Are you going to do a full underbody strip down and re-paint as I did because this car is definitely worth it.
Barry

Hi Barry,
I know I am lucky.
The slight bit of rust on the underside is the worst bit. I think I will give it a dust off with a rag providing it does not get wet I think I will leave it as it is, or just grease the rust blemishes so it stays totally original.
Regards,
Richard.

Wowsers that's a beauty :)
I completely agree with your plans Richard, don't mess with it, just keep it dry.
It will hold it's value better for the future.
Are you going to any shows with it? You can't not let anybody else drool over it, surely :lol:
Paul

That's a gorgeous one. Definitely one to keep pristine, they are rare breeds!

We have a saying. It is better to be born lucky than to be born with a d.ck. 'cos if you are really lucky, it will grow on you, eventually... :eek:
I guess this find qualifies you as a VERY lucky :grin: :grin: :grin:

What a beauty! :wub:

Hi,
I have restored early 1960's Mini Coopers that have at the the time I bought them almost been deemed as scrap. Having said that the Minis I restored and sold on to collectors are now worth 25K to 50K (The Twini Mini) see my thread , with loads of photos for these Minis in 'Other Vehicles'

The Puma is going down the same route. I am an old fart and I have seen this all before. Rather than go down the route of buying old cars when they become collectable and then spend loads of money on restoration I have decided to be proactive and buy the best Puma's and treat them now as a classic car. I have been monitoring prices, they are on the rise. There are a number of insurance companies that now list a Puma as a classic.

Now is the time to get the best that you can. I do this not to make money but to preserve and enjoy driving a classic car that will be around for others to enjoy in the future. At my age I stand not to make that much gain.

Regards,
Richard.

HI,
I have not sought ownership of this Puma for what it is worth. I wish to own it for its quality, the same as one would like to own a work of art. To me it is immaterial if it is worth £1 or £ 5000.
It is to be treasured. Some people will pay thousands for a piece of art, a historic document, a piece of Wedgewood or pop memorabilia. Why would a car not fit in to this category of being something to be admired treasured and collectable just because it is a car. To me it is a piece of iconic sculpture to be admired. I must admit I am in a somewhat privileged position that I am able to buy this Puma for selfish reasons. Other Puma owners try to buy the best they can and have affinity with their cars. I know from the threads on the site that we are all enthusiasts of the Puma and all strive for the same goals within our own personal circumstances. (sorry to be so heavy)

Regards,
Richard.

Hi Richard.
I take it that this is the car from the lovely lady in Chelmsford.
The car is every bit as good as I had imagined it. must be one of the cleanest around.
I`m glad your plans include care and attention. This one does deserve looking after.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
Hi,
Thanks for all the positive comments.
I have a builder coming round to work out costings to double the size of my garage so I can get them both in there.
Regards,
Richard.
Noooo get a quadruple garage .From experience even that is not enough!

HI,
With my new Puma is outside, I must admit only temporarily on the drive. The lines are fantastic, what a smooth iconic cat, I could not resist giving it a stroke.

Regards,
Richard.

Wow. I washed mine today and I wish it looked half as good. I wholeheartedly approve of your approach to keeping cats.

Hi
With regard to insurance I think I will go with Adrian Flux. The reason why? I have insured in the past all my classic Minis with them. I have an agreed value and set annual mileage. Also my Puma. This is not an endorsement to give them business. But it is what suits me best.

A few tips for insurance.
Delay your quote till late in the day. Do it on Sundays or at the end of the day near the close of business and at bank holidays.
Why? Companies need make targets at the close of each day and on these days they can drop prices to meet targets.

Regards,
Richard.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
Hi
With regard to insurance I think I will go with Adrian Flux. The reason why? I have insured in the past all my classic Minis with them. I have an agreed value and set annual mileage. Also my Puma. This is not an endorsement to give them business. But it is what suits me best.

A few tips for insurance.
Delay your quote till late in the day. Do it on Sundays or at the end of the day near the close of business and at bank holidays.
Why? Companies need make targets at the close of each day and on these days they can drop prices to meet targets.

Regards,
Richard.
Hi,
If you ever have any question or need any help with the insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Latest posts

Back