HyperRains project 1.6

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HyperRain

Hi guys I'm new around here. My name is James I'm 29 and I've taken on my moms 2001 ford puma 1.6 she got brand new. My mom has a works car and a mx-5 so for the past 6 years the puma has moved about as far as the drive way. 3 years ago I taken it for a mot which it failed but only on a tyre and some other small thing. So it sat locked up for 3 more years till the other week. For the first time it would not start but still sounded good brake was locked up so after a pull and some new fuel tryed again but no luck. Yesterday I gave it a big wash as a few years of dirt and bird poo was all over it!! Now the 3 keys bits for the engine fuel, spark and air so check list here I come. Had new fuel last week so that's all good, checked the plugs as I know they was going to look bad and they was so after a clean up they looked good to go back in till I get some new ones, check air so looked into the air box with the K&N filter still looking new and pipes looking good now the battery is getting killed fast when trying to start so would only have s few try's before its dead. So key in turn...and it all most started tryed again with some gas and again all most started but the battery is far to drained to turn it over. Need a battery charger on it and I think it will fire up next time

It was off a battery charger but did not fire up be to point in keep trying. Think it was don't to the spark plugs as now it's try's a lot better to start. Got a mate who going to see if he can get a battery and I'll try again

I've finally got round to getting some parts for the puma today. Ordered new spark plugs and a big battery charger should hopefully be here tomorrow and I can start on the old girl

Finally got the puma running had a blocked fuel line. Now some new brake pads and disc

Welcome to PP. My story is similar in that I also took on my mom's 1.4 puma after she moved on to a Z4.

Latest posts

Back