Red 1.7 from Norway

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KoNLaR

Hi, my name is Håkon and I'm a 18 year old guy from Norway. My dad bought me a Ford Puma 2 years ago which I used to practice drive with before getting my license in February :grin: After looking at all your incredible cars on here, I got inspired to try and fix mine up a little bit as well. So I will dedicate some time this summer to try and make it look a little bit better. Also fix some of those small issues it has. For sure a great first car and proud to have it, hopefully will be able to keep it for a good amount of time :grin:

Yesterday I washed it completely outside and inside. Today I used a paint cleaner and wax to make it shine a little bit more.

Before:
FNvjZ39.jpg

After:
QtvLZZ3.jpg

Definitely made a huge difference and fixed those marks on the bonnet. Still a lot of marks from what I think is some paint (Had it from before purchase), brake dust and asphalt.

Some more pictures:
gYLNNNn.jpg

Missing the front lip so will be looking for a replacement.

yTAm1hQ.jpg

Left taillight fogged up, most likely be buying a replacement if it cannot be fixed.

e2FaIRn.jpg

Rims looking good after a good cleanup. Rust around the arches and doors, so will be working on that as well.

aAVen9B.jpg

A few things to fix/change here, but looks much cleaner than it did before :grin:

So my checklist as of now is:
Rust around the arches and doors.
Small leak from the driver door, rubber is not covering the gap fully.
Finding a new front lip
Seat covers
New floor mats
Key remote not working, need new batteries or receiver is busted.
New gear nob
Left taillight

And some changes I would like to add possibly is:
Front splitter
Paiting the Front Calibers red
Tinting the taillights
Rear spoiler
K&N 57i Airfilter kit
Ford ST Speed stripes and badges
Possibly new rims
Steering wheel cover
New speakers
And at last maybe a double rear end exhaust pipe.

Going to a few stores tomorrow to see what they have available and get a few tips. Update to follow! If you guys also have a few ideas and tips, feel free to post it! Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks for reading!

tuonokid said:
Nice colour as well :)
Barry
For sure! If I was to pick a different one it would be the Racing blue or black, but definitely a fan of red :)

Haven't really updated here in a while as I feel I haven't really done much either because I'm currently waiting on my dads work to close on weekends so I can borrow the garage they have. My cousin is moving into a new place with a garage, so waiting for him as well to settle in before I ask if he can help with the car as he got a lot of knowledge.

What I've done so far is just some seat covers, new floor mats and new gear nob. I ordered some universal stuff like gear cover, handbrake cover and wheel cover, but only the wheel fit and I didn't like it cause it didnt cover the wheel completely and it made it very big.

Phone quality, but you get the idea :)
mxmNdKV.jpg

So I've ordered new gear gaiter and handbrake gaiter along with a full leather cover for the wheel off Ebay. This time not some universal crap and will fit much better. Only need to sew the wheel myself and the rest should be easy replacement.

I have also ordered a new rear left taillight, new key fob, new xenon look bulbs along with new parking lights xenon look as well, I got brake caliper paint, rim paint, smoke paint for taillights but not sure if im gonna do it, also got some red colour polish along with a red colour pen to tackle some of the white paint marks the car had when I got it and at last I got a grill + sideskirt.

So next on the list is to tackle the rust, going to one of my dads friends bodyshops to see how bad it is and if its worth doing anything with it. Most likely it will be to expensive, so can hopefully do some work myself but not cut metal and weld in new. So will have to sand and use body filler along with rust sealer and hope it lasts a little bit long.

So if you managed to read so far, I was recently on a small roadtrip and took some pictures. If you are part of the Facebook group for Puma Owners you might of seen them, if not here they are!

Thanks for reading! As always open to feedback and tips!

6hqMvWL.jpg

qjcdZgt.jpg

m1DKTyE.jpg

PMn07US.jpg

Hi,

looking good. About your issues with the key fob not working the remote locking. I had the same problem and kept changing the batteries, it got so bad it would not work at all. I went on the 'How to do' section and found a thread on reprogramming the key. It was so easy and now works like new. Best of luck with you project.

Regards,
Richard.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
Hi,

looking good. About your issues with the key fob not working the remote locking. I had the same problem and kept changing the batteries, it got so bad it would not work at all. I went on the 'How to do' section and found a thread on reprogramming the key. It was so easy and now works like new. Best of luck with you project.

Regards,
Richard.
I tried to change the battery and still does not light up that red light when I pressed it, so Im guessing that the fob is broken. So will reprogram the replacement when I get it and that will hopefully fix it.

Thanks!

Key fixed, now I can finally lock and unlock without having to use my key :grin:

Very happy now! Used the How-to guide on here how to reprogram the key fob and worked perfectly!

Turns out that I cannot start my car with the new fob, not sure if I need to replace the motherboard from the new fob into the old to get it to work cause it only start with my spare key now because of the starter lock.

Fixed it by changing the PATS module from my old and put it in the new fob so now I can start the car :)

Put on new covers for the handbrake and gear stick today along with a new cover for the wheel which I had to stitch myself.

Turned out ok, just on the sides of the wheel it could of been a bit better, will see if I re-do it sometime to make it perfect.
Going for a black leather with red stitching look as you can clearly see :grin: Have also ordered new trims for the doors and back seats, so the interior will be pretty much complete when I put that on.
4S54SRs.jpg

m0NDXKY.jpg

5ej4zcS.jpg

Brian' said:
Black and Red really goes well with a Puma, I'm also repping the red theme, My Puma is silver though :p

Certainly does. Red and black fits to most stuff, but saw someone post a green puma with red and black interior on facebook and that looked horrible :lol:

Checked out your project thread, really love the interior job you did. Those seats looks so comfortable, really want to change mine too but need to sort out some other stuff first before I put a lot of money into the car.

So this summer project have turned in to more of a winter project now as things are finally getting done, but better late then never right? :grin:

So since last time its been MOT approved (Called EU Control in Norway). Needed to sand down the brake lines to get it approved and other than that it passed with only fault left being the outer rubber cover on the driveshaft has a tear.

Also changed the back left taillight because it was fogging, bought a original shift knob and it feels so damn good! Don't know why the previous owner would get rid of it. The fog light was also fixed as it was hanging loose, same with the rear view mirror that was loose too. Also put the FM sender radio in the sigarette tray so its more tucked away and made the background of the flag on the license plate black instead of blue.

But most importantly, last night I got some help from my cousin and his friend. We've started sorting out the rust on the car and later today we're going to sand down the filler and paint. Hopefully all goes well and it turns out good, but anything is better than rust and a big hole in one of the arches. Also did some small jobs in the meantime, tinted my side indicators, changed the headlight bulb and parking lights and put a huge ass cone-filter on so its makes some more sound! Loving it, can't wait to get it on the road to hear it. Anyways enough of me talking, pictures down below!

Didnt take a lot of before pictures, but on some of the images above you can see some of it (Was even worse now)
Welded in new metal where the was a hole, the rest we've used filler.
dPLR3dT.jpg

gEGe0VF.jpg

Swgn0H9.jpg

HgPnDFk.jpg

2qBuHmN.jpg

Plan now is to sand it down and paint it tonight. Hopefully turns out good. Will also be doing a clutch change soon as its slipping and when the summer season returns, coilovers, new wheels and tyres will be going on! Ive also ordered some mudflaps to help a little bit with preventing some of salt and dirt from the road getting on the paint. Will also be doing a full detail of the car soon.

How it sits now :wink: Thanks for reading!
mbiJBQz.jpg

Good effort matey, those arches should last you a while now :)

Did I say 'Nice colour'??

Wouldn't mind your reg plate either ;)

Rob.

Wild E. Coyote said:
Nice effort there!

Robyorks said:
Good effort matey, those arches should last you a while now :)

Did I say 'Nice colour'??

Wouldn't mind your reg plate either ;)

Rob.

Cheers guys. Car is all painted now with clear coat and polished. Results arent perfect obviously, but im happy with the result and will hopefully look better when car all washed and fully polished. Also loving the sound from the cone filter! I will take some pictures after ive washed it :) Some color difference and the filler was sanded a bit much so there are some bubbles, but no rust which I am very happy with! Clutch next and car should last me a couple of years atleast!

Looks really good, have to say that if I had not found my Millenium I would have been looking for a red Puma.

Like the gear knob/handbrake cover and seat covers as well...good job mate

Latest posts

Back