Today's update, she runs!!
Today was not fun, quite stressful and in the end joyous! Start of the day was getting as high as possible on thinners cleaning off all the grime off the bottom of the main floor section before stonechip and topcoat. Not fun.
Then I spent an age looking for all the new fixings for the heat shields, could I find them, could I heck. Obviously after wasting an hour they were in the first box I looked in under he other million clips and fixings I've ordered that I simply didn't need or now have spares for my black one which when I'm insane enough, will be getting the same treatment.
Then the manifold. Wow. What a pig. Actually, it wouldn't have been a pig if I'd have asked the question first but thanks to Chris, Alex and Simon, the obvious answer was disconnect the dogbone mount, push the engine forward, wedge and fit. As soon as we disconnected the mount, the new Piper manifold was on in 5 mins. Thanks gents!
Next up was the Lambda. Couldn't find the plug, then when I could it was no way long enough. Had I given away the loom extension by mistake when I sold the the old exhaust?!! The answer was actually no. Some idiot had cable tied the old one to the expansion tank and once a bit of slack was achieved it all fitted up.
Next on was the exhaust which was a doddle, although there is a tiny blow on the back box joint which is a bit annoying considering it's a brand new system and gasket. Job for tomorrow that one, I want to know if it still runs!
Click one, click two - all the dash lights come on and the airbag light flashes away as the seats aren't in. The pump primes, turn the key once more and bam, it sparks into life and sounds awesome! Much better system than the old one and the rasp is fantastic.
Next up were the side repeaters which were a pig so took the front wheels off, peeled back the liners and twisted them in from behind. Job done. Thought I should clean and polish the calipers while I was there (obviously a HUGE priority when there are a million other MOT worthy jobs to be on with!). Another not important job that I thought I'd do while the wheel was off is paint the cooling veins on the discs so they look shiny new again, which they should since they aren't even a year old yet!
So there we are. The old girl runs, brakes work and it looks amazing. Time to actually spend some time with the patient wife to be and the child...
And my new favourite pic!