Chilly`s Puma 1.7

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chilly

Hi all,

I`ve posted in the newbie section now I thought I would start my project thread.

As described in the newbie section I originally bought the Puma for my wife but now were expecting our second child it`s simply not practical. However we faced a dilemma as we both loved it too much to sell it so after speaking to friends and other Puma fans I`ve decided to use it as a track day car.

With Curborough Sprint Track on my door step I`ve joined Shenstone Car Club which gives me access to the track twice a month.

This was our little beauty when I bought it my wife for the low sum of £300...

97882E3D-9BAB-4BFD-B856-DD1A48D47965_zpszhsgab8c.jpg

1st up was to loose weight so out came the carpets, roof liner, rear seats and door cards but left the front door cards in and complete dash for some comfort (pictures to follow of the strip) but here is the car all up in the air after the weight loss...

2917B44C-0ED7-4EED-A948-175191404960_zpsygjgctl6.jpg

Just awaiting delivery of lowering springs (coilovers will follow when I can afford them) spacers and the car is at Midland Signs and Graphics having a sunstrip and some graphics on the rear bumper.

I aim to get the car back today, spacers and springs on Saturday.

Thanks for reading, all advice welcome.

Chilly :grin:

Great car, dont think I read your newbie post but may I ask what wrong with it? If its original and working fine, I would just say sell it and buy a Puma track car off ebay with most of the stuff already done. That way you save your Puma and rescue another :)

Hi mate,

Paintwork is really tatty arches etc we`ve had quotes of £700 plus to put it right.

Plus I`ve always wanted to do track days an we already had the car so I thought have fun making my own :grin:

So far I`ve stripped the interior just enough to stay in road class, just waiting for lowering springs and fitted 10mm spacers on the rear and then its off to Curborough Sprint Track August 5th.

C8D575CC-0AE2-4510-934D-5C8A62EE2FDE_zps6kxuguod.jpg

Changing the Break Fluid, cambelt kit, water pump with new antifreeze, oil & filter and a Ram Air airfilter kit before then too.

Cheers :)

Tow bar and TOW sticker added for that track look :cool:. Removed number plate and removed grill, no apparent benefit just the grill was broke and flapped about. I quite like it though.

BFCF1103-0E54-4F33-A0C6-D9DEE08AFAD7_zpsqv56msue.jpg

Quick update, cars been lowered 40mm feels nice now.

DBE89B0B-B2D5-464A-9E1A-A3826E56B4B0_zpsxkf3ahto.jpg

Not much difference in the ride height as you can see from the before and after but that's not what I`m going for this time.

Added some stickers to make it go faster :lol:

B4EFE35A-590C-459C-B429-D32DB2832D18_zpsgomhm8st.jpg

6431AC0A-8237-43D6-8E6D-98060C10608B_zpsuvf21y0k.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Good to see the boy scout at the back is enjoying himself..

Car looks great :thumbs:

Quick update.

Painted my wheels black :grin: not to everyone's taste but I like them.

FD0E8674-20A5-4F31-A155-DB196DB4F1E1_zpsi7ikcbzp.jpg

Back