Project Ronnie

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theharveys15

We are Darren and Becki Harvey, our intro is in the newbie section so I'll leave that out.
Now Darren is a mechanic and has been now for nearly 8 years, all of which his passion has been fords. When we first got together in jan 2013 becki had a ka luxury which was nice but not fast enough. After an accident the poor rust bucket was written off so we looked for a new car.
This came in form of a mk4 1.4 fiesta, which we lowered put some different alloys on it and LEDs throughout. But a few months later we saw a puma for sale that was cheep so we sold the fiesta and bought that.
What a bad mistake that was, the abs bulb had been taken out from behind the dash, the clutch started slipping about 50 miles after we got it and it leaked like a siv lol.
The rest of the cars we've had since then have just been a-b's so nothing special.... Until now :)
We saw it advertised on gumtree for £450 as a cat c previous right off, but with 99k on the clock and looking very clean we went to have a look.
It was very clean, had the head gasket and cambelt done June 2014 and the clutch feels very nice. Now tha arches have been filled and a poor job btw and the wing that was fitted after the crash has a very poor paint job.
We have big plans for our baby but as we are in the middle of moving into a bigger home only the small jobs will be done.
Anyway, enough talk. Time for some pics :)

Looks good, I do like them in black. If it's had a leak and looking at the sills, I'd be tempted to pull the interior and check the floor pan. If you haven't already, check out Tuonokids project thread, very helpful ;)

Anyhoo, good luck with it guys. Looking forward to seeing your progress :)

Rob.

Thanks rob, we will be leaving the rust until we have enough money to get the sil and both arches done but will be cleaning up any and all patches of the horrible brown stuff in one hit.
Spent 2 1/2 hours today prepping a fiesta for welding, only started out with 3 small holes too!!!

Does look very smart in black :eek:k:

Did a little engine bay tidying today, still needs a clean but we think it looks nicer.
Oh and becki had her first mechanic based injury too!

Hi All.

You may have seen in the news that on the 22nd August a black ford puma collided with a fire engine in the New Forest. This was in fact my husband Darren and he was killed instantly.

He died in the car he loved, thank you for the short time we talked on this forum.
If you'd like to pay your respects further please contact me via personal email, [email protected].

Stay Safe,
Mrs Becki Harvey

Hi Becki, I am so sorry to hear that it was Darren who so sadly lost his life in the crash. Our thoughts are with you and your family at this terrible time. James

Hi Becki
I was really shocked when I read this last night as it brings home how fragile life is.
I am so sorry for your loss and wish you and your families all the best for the future.
Barry

Latest posts

Back