Puma Track Project.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PETROLHEAD12

Hi There, I have recently bought a Ford Puma 1.7...

I am a motorsport engineering student, and have been desperate to start my own car project, this week me and a friend saw a puma crop up on ebay that looked a peach!

Through luck we managed to win the car for 250 quid, the car is a bit tatty on the outside but after driving it for a while it pulls really well.

This weekend I'm planning to get to the workshop, clean the car up and start stripping all the interior out.

After this I'm going to head down towards the breaking system, overhaul the braking system and also look into the suspension side of things as at the moment the car sits pretty high and personally I think its a bit soft. Although I think this is to be expected of a 16 year old car, it will need some TLC.

I will be posting loads of pictures and hopefully writing on here often, would love it if anyone had any advice to give or to ask questions, I am new here and have joined the club for help an advice and hopefully to give some out too, so please only make comments that are constructive. any hate will be ignored.

thanks,

PETROLHEAD12

Welcome aboard..

Excellent choice of track toy.

I`d recommend firstly servicing every moving part,
and make your improvements from driving the car, looking for where it could be improved.
That way you will feel the differences which will alll make sense with your studies..

Rather than out of the parts catalogue/magazine!

Hope to see you on track sometime

Stu..

You'll fit in well here there are plenty of track day puma's being built on here.

Feel free to browse my own project thread, its about as modified a puma as your going to come across and if you have any question then just ask.

As Stu said, make sure you get some seat time before chucking loads of parts at it, that way as you build confidence in the car you'll feel the extra benefits each modifications makes. Its good to hear you say your going to tackle the brakes and suspension as those really can be the Puma's strong points with a bit of tinkering. Too many people get carried away with trying to get more bhp's from the car.

Look forward to seeing your progress!

Latest posts

Back