Steve's PumPum

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mihalyn90

So as seems like there will be a lot of work carried out, it's easier to track it on a project thread... i left the newbie area so let just begin:

Only a month passed since i got my car, but hey, all i can say is that i love it!!!

After a lot of problems, and visual things to be corrected i came up with the following list of what i have to do with this little cat... what is striked through, is done, and said how i did it or what was the fault... Seems like strikethrough is not really worth the pain of bleeding eyes... I decided on color coding:
GREEN -> done
BLUE -> work in progress
BLACK -> perhaps, sometimes in the future
RED -> Urgent look over is needed, or as soon as possible

- change cabin light with LED (6400K bright white)
- Dashboard illumination not working
- fault: the circuit band had a broken connection right before the bulb (bypassed via soldering)
- Side air vents trembling and shaking - (glued in, the clips were broken)
- dashboard had a strange vibrating noise - (put in between the a pillar and dashboard a folded card)
- Right door button not working - DONE (corroded contact, cleaned it up)
- Central lock remote not working - DONE (battery + reprogramming)
- Left and right door panel fallen - DONE (had just to put it back inside the rubber near the window and added double side for safety)
- Left door card panel's button holder broken off - DONE (glued in)
- headlight polish - DONE - no foil, just after wax, on a monthly basis if I wax it, it's ok
- bonnet doesn't sit flush - DONE - adjusted the black tampon things,and applied manual force to bend left to right...
- check the contact plate in the rear (maybe button doesn't make contact and that is why the trunk light doesn't come on) - DONE - button contact was oxidized... clean, now works
- rear triple on left side not working all the time - electrician work needed (perhaps January) - LOL now is working right...
- sometimes strange noise with higher speed turning to right (noise from left front side) - just after start and only on second hear, also at first acceleration in second gear, some vibration can be felt... maybe ABS test? - DONE or just got used to it... no problem...
- front and rear speaker change plus adding sub under the actual speakers - DONE, nothing to change, just added a sub
- underdash illumination when door open (led band or green bulb) - connected to the cabin light - DONE, have some meteor fall type of light, kinda nice :D

- Exhaust system - WIP - middle to back has been changed, Magnaflow Core Competition box fitted already
- Seat refurbishing - WIP (added some covers)
- reading light change to green/white LED
- painting break calipers and rear drum to BLUE
- one clip missing on the dashboard, can not screw in one of three screws which are holding the silver fascia
- Headlight broken clip repair (waiting for spring to come due to low temperature)
- Body paint scratches - waiting for spring
- Body panel dented - still waiting for a favorable weather to be able to work outside (unmount rear panel, push out the dent)
- headlight leveler not light up (bulb change needed)
- key barrels on passenger door doesn't rotate back automatically, trunk won't work with this key - through cleaning needed
- left heated mirror not working - (waiting for the electrician here too)

- full interior car clean (remove carpet, wash carpet, seats, etc)
- aerial remove and closing up the gap or adding smaller aerial
- head unit change

- underseal (only in spring, no way to do it now)
- bonnet modification (to get eyelids over the headlight) - big MAYBE
- rear bumper modification to have something like the image at the end of the post - MAYBE
- new tyres for summer (looking over for Yokohama Parada Spec-2)
- alloy wheel refurbishing
- steel wheel refurbishing

If you have anything to add, or recomandation, or suggestion, let me know.

Thanks guys,
Steve, from Romania

So the first few steps...

First thing was adding the seat covers... I'll drop an image soon :)

Secondly, the wheel caps... image soon...

And the headlight polish:
12362902_722692064541349_3358903175352046065_o.jpg

Here are some questions i want to know an answer and things i want to sort out:
The weatherstrips... number 1 it's bubbled, so i want to know where can i find one?
Number 2, i need the external and internal one too, the internal is some L shaped thing which hold the door card too...

Any suggestions where to get these?

Secondly... the front bumper... it's a pain in the... well :)
this part doesn't want to sit flush... i don't know what to do... please give me some advice:
image.php

Hello Red,

Thank you... I have to change the newbie area... :) i moved it to a project...

well, the bumper things seems like i know from where it came from... i checked the distribution of the engine... removed the cover just to see the belt... and i just saw that the front beam is bent... Look here:
image.php

image.php

image.php

oh well... we'll see if we can manage something with it... runs fine just... it eats my soul that this little beast had a damage a while ago...

To be honest, for it's price... in Romania, these cars goes aroun 900-1200 euros, without the polution tax... the polution tax for this car (from 1998) it would cost 920 euros... so any normal puma is around 2000 euros... this costed me 1500 with winter and summer tyres... also full option car, front windshield heated, heated mirror etc etc etc :)

I am happy with it... just this... oh my :(

Anyway... today she got some attention:
image.php

in spring she will have a full interior wash :) can't wait... i'd park her right near my bed if i could :D

Oh one shame thing... what the heck is this called:
image.php

I need one piece like this so i can hang on my shelf on the left side too... any idea where to get it?

I believe they are called hatch pins, I am not sure where you would find one online, all the ones on ebay seem to be for Fiesta's or Focus'. I am pretty sure ford could get you one, or a local spare parts place, but I guess you would need the reference number. I am not sure if Ian G would have one of these, but if he does, the shipping should be pretty cheap.

Hello JAC,

According to this, http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10784&p=145466&hilit=parcel+shelf+pin#p145466" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, the number is 1067548.

eBay is empty of this :) can't really find one...

So when i got the car, she got a wash from an automatic wash... never again... almost triple price... and not cleaned at all...

Yesterday, as you saw...
image.php

And today morning managed a picture :) so... hellooooooooo from the loweeer siiiiiiiiiiiiiide :))

image.php

Ok question... where the heck is the damn air recirculation flap actuator?

Oh when my heater kicks in a damn strange smell comes in... uh... i'll need to check that filter :))...

the filter is in under the hood. somewhere under the front windscreen. the actuator i dont know

Ok maybe today and tomorrow I'll take a look at the air and pollen filters... let's see how they look as when the HCV opens, and real heat kicks in, an interesting aroma enters the car... o_O

I am thinking about a color for the car.. as there are a lot of scratches, painting the whole car, or correcting the paint is almost the same...

Firstly of course i need to get rid of rust... and rust... i am really afraid of the wheel arch in interior... I'll remove the panel...

Oh i lifted the shifter holder plastic... managed to snap it...

My shifter rod is bent... are yours too if you remove the leather thingy?

Guys what do you think about some overfenders?

Something like this?
getimage.php

Also I want to change the tubes under the hood to have something like this:
9e7cc8bf.jpg

What tubes do i need? is there a kit for this?

thanks,

I have seen kits for this on eBay, but in my opinion they were overpriced for what they are. You can also buy lengths of tubing in any colour, that works out cheaper, just make sure you get the correct diameter. Also, for things that run in high temperature areas, make sure you get decent stuff that will withstand the heat.

Father works at a parts distribution... see if he can get me some nice tubes :-"

Anyway... just shopped a bit in PS... what do you guys think?

image.php

Personally, not my cup of tea, but if you like it go for it.

If I was to do it, I would fill in the gaps and screw holes, making it look like part of the bodywork, and then paint. However, it's such a hassle to do anything like that in this country that if I was going to bother I would probably go with reshaped panels rather than the bolt/screw on bits.

The problem is that there are no aftermarket parts for it...

To make this type of flare will consume budget and time... I was going for a carbon look... :)

Herr for example there is no such whining if you mod a car... Color can go just as you wish... You just need to have a dominant color of 60%... For example I can go full camo on grey... :) or I can split color with yellow but leave grey... This car is a moondist silver... But in my book... Identity card it's written grey :))) only grey... I can do whatever I want as long as it's grey... Matte, pearl, chameleon, camo wtc...

They have problems with window tinting and wheels... I am stuck with 15 and 13"... :(

Guys... how the hell do you align the damn left front fender?

Mine is scratching with the door... door can not be aligned so... fender?

Ok there are two screws there :) so i will do that when i'll repaint the car...

yesterday i changed the indicator lights on my headlights... and managed to break the plastic lever which locks the headlight :(

and broke the damn pollen filter lock... one out of two... nice...

anyway i cleaned the pollen filter, and now when i start on the heater it makes a damn low toned sound like a piece of paper is splitting the air... have to check it out...

I can't believe it... this air recirculation flap... sometimes works, sometimes doesn't... any idea guys? :(

Well mate i have 5 spoke wheel but for summer :p

Nothing much happened... one of my friend is in hospital so trying to focus a little attention to him...

Anyway, just got this:
[image]5521[/image]

Latest posts

Back