Throttle bodies - whats required?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesharbs

Hi guys,

Pretty new here and have started a project about 3 years ago which has been on and off due to funds amongst other things.

There are a couple of questions I have, I am looking to run bike throttle bodies with a custom manifold. As well as the bodies and manifld itself can I use megajolt as a management system? Would I do away with the standard ECU? What sensors would stay and what sensors would go? I have looked everywhere and seen minimal info on this.

The other question I have is around removing all unnecessary items from the loom, heater controls etc. Can you do away with immobilizer and all relevant wiring? can you bypass it? Just want to tidy up inside the car as much as remove for weight etc.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Off the top of my head...

Yes, if you don't want the immobiliser you can do away with it and remove the ECU also. If you remove the ECU, and you did want the heater controls, then the heater control (heat dial) needs a tacho feed.

If you're on later digital clocks it will also make the temp gauge not work as this goes via the ECU.

You would lose power steering pressure switch also.

Latest posts

Back