A Project for the Summer

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshLaw

Bought a 2nd Melina Blue Puma (about 6 weeks ago) to work on over the summer - keep me out of trouble (lol) - for £100.

The clutch was slipping which is why the previous owner sold it so cheap (they wanted £250). It's done 78k miles and according to the history (they've owned it since 2001) it's had £500+ spent on a full service & MOT every year.

Needs the clutch changing and the cambelt doing but I chanced driving it home from Cobham (80 miles) without a hitch.

So far I have:

Stripped and dumped the old interior - in favour of leather (eBay) full set inc door cards, etc. for £67 (not fitted yet);

Isoflex Liquid Rubbered the electrical grommets under the bonnet (passenger footwell water leak);

Replaced the passenger side door seal;

The inner sills are perfect - so they along with the door sills have had a liberal spraying of Bilt Hamber S-50;

Updates & Pictures as I get them.

Nice find.

I'm planning on picking something up at some point why prices are low for spares, as it's going to cheaper buying a whole car than getting all the bits I need/want.

Will await pics :)

Sounds lovely! Glad you have rescued it. It's a shame to see people getting rid of their Pumas simply due to routine items such as a clutch. Pumas must be at rock bottom value right now

Fanwheel said:
[post]350575[/post]Pumas must be at rock bottom value right now

I got no problem with that :D But you are right!

@AshLaw: Good luck with it

Quick Picture Update:

liquidrubber500.jpg

This is one of the first jobs - stop water leaking into the passenger footwell. 3 coats of this (over 3 days) and no water leaks.

Latest posts

Back