The BEAST begins !

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucky

Thought i would post up what plans are in the offing.
I have owned the BEAST for just over 3 months now and already have big plans for it.

Work done:

Scorpion Cat back exhaust system.
Full Service
Tyres 4 new Michelin 195/55R15

Work planned:

Rust treatment and respray of both rear arches, Merlin Coachworks in Fram.

Pipercross induction kit.

Decat + Stainless Manifold ( Flex pipe is on its way out )

Suspension lowered by 40mm

Hopefully a Leather interior from a Millie or Thunder to set the interior off a freat.

A Shiny new Zetec S leather steering wheeel in red.

There are plans for a Remap but i will wait and see how much the bank(Wife) will let me play with.

And once all that goes ahead The beast should be ready to Play Nice :D

Sounds like a good plan there mate :eek:k:

How you going to go about lowering it?

woo hooo!!! look forward to seeing it when its all finished :D

Good luck finding a leather interior! :eek:k: The only time they come up is if the poor puma has been written off, so they don't come up very often.

There was a complete Millie interior on Ebay recently (door cards and all seats), the asking price was about £500 at least, so when they do come up for sale, they're not cheap!

If you're not fussed about having the door cards, there was a thread on here for a set of grey leather recaro seats (front and rear) that were originally from a European special edition Puma. It could be worth a PM or e-mail to see if they're still for sale. ;)

Edit: Just checked on ZSOC, he's still got them, and asking £500, but as they've been for sale for a few months, he might be open to offers. You might have to consider have a blue ZS steering wheel instead if you were to buy them though, as they're grey with blue bands and stitching.

I know that your puma is red, but it could look ok as long as you keep the interior all the same colour. Could even match with blue samco hoses too.

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=2393" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bucky said:
Tyres 4 new Michelin 195/55R15

Any reason for increasing the aspect ratio of your tyres?

Look forward to seeing the result :D

I'm loving that blue recaro interior that is for sale...if the blue bits were red it'd be in my car now :cool:

Technically 195/55R15 is only 0.3 of a millimetre different (0.05%) in total diameter to 205/40R17 (which is what Dal has on his puma).

So having 55's on will make the speedo more accurate, (the same as having 17" wheels) but the ride will be slightly softer (barely noticable though).

Of course, it could just be a typo.

Just got back from the lakes, driving without the Beast.

Yup they are 195 /55R15 Just what was on when i got the fella.

I use the speedo on my Road angel as i am tall i can't always see the top of the speedo on the beast.

I spied the Interior on Ebay, would be willing to pay that if it was nearly new.

The BEast is a keeper and i have loads of time to give it this year.

The Durham / Newcastle is I live in Durham but am always in Gateshead or Newcastle for work or play. Gateshead lad!

Lowering, i'm no expert but about 40mm lower on New springs and new bushes all round.

Sounds like a carbon copy of what i want to do to mine. Improve the ride and responsiveness, sort rust out. Already ahead of you on leather interior though :) Id leave the K and N but thats just me.

Little word of advice RE: interior. If your puma is roughly W reg or younger, the interior plastic will be blue/grey. I got a leather interior from a 51 plate, with the darker grey interior. All the panels and seats trim is the darker colour, but the dash is still the older colour. Its not a huge difference, and nobody but me would notice, but just be aware of the two colours. If you can get an interior from a matching era to yours, it would be best But as Cheries said, beggars cant be choosers.

For info i think i paid around £260 for mine.

I can bide my time to find the right leather. but thanks for the heads up on the interior change. Got time and patience for this project.

Cherie said:
So having 55's on will make the speedo more accurate, (the same as having 17" wheels) but the ride will be slightly softer (barely noticable though).

And so will the handling :?

Bucky, the full leather set on eBay here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-PUMA-FULL-LE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 240%3A1318

I wouldn't mind getting it either, but thats a LOT of money :eek:

The Pipercross Panel filter was fitted today. Plenty more grunt coming out of the bends. Revs very smoothly (smoother than before anyway).

And starting to get plenty of pops and bangs on the overrun as the Scorpion beds in.

Very envious of Jamies 4-2-1 Manifold , but i defo want to go de-cat now. :)

I would've gone decat, but not friendly with any garages enough to guarantee any MOT emissions problems to disappear...

I wonder what the difference is with the Pipercross and K&N filters then... would be interesting to find out!

Latest posts

Back