Restoring my little 1.7 Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixieBoo

Hi guys,

Slowly doing up my Puma - my first project and not something I have done before but my boyfriend and a rally mate are helping me.

So, sorry if I ask what may seem like obvious questions sometimes! - but here goes, can anyone tell me what the rubbery ribbed hosepipe thing is that is under the driver's seat - one end is not attached to anything and can't quite tell what the other end is fixed to. Here is what I have done so far with the help of my partner and a mate who works on rally cars and does the more mechanical work in his garage. I don't have a garage but live on a quite country lane so can so some stuff if weather ok. Bought a donor car for £100 to use bits off.

new exhaust
new cambelt/water pump
new filters all round
new starter motor
fitted back mudflaps
fresh fluids all around
replace mastercylinder
new digital clock - my old one was in Klingon!

need to:

replace doors - paintwork all knackered
fix driver's door manual wing - mechanism fallen into the hole behind the gaiter
fix parcel shelf
new discs and pads
replace front and back lights clusters - condensation issues =black rubber trim cracked and split
fix heater - is on hot constantly
fix aircon - not working
fit alarm - goes off if she is locked
new ignition barrel which wireless keyfob thingy if it can be done

wish list - all sorts!!! paint job - not sure what colour yet - she is silver at the mo, new carpets, graphics kit, black alloys, possible black recaro seats - loads more money! lol cheers me

:grin: enjoy your project, it sounds like the ribbed tube is conduit for cables? Maybe for the seat belt pre-tensioner.

Latest posts

Back