Markbognor's 1.7

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markbognor

I joined a couple of weeks ago, so I suppose it's about time I started a thread for mine. Expect it not to be entirely performance related, to definitely be low budget and probably unorthadox.

It is as it arrived, sporting what has to be one of the worst sets of wheels I have ever owned!

X1eiMrw.jpg

Plans were hatched to use the Capri pepperpots I had, they would have gone on with just a 3mm spacer on the front.

qaTEUeq.jpg

I couldn't really afford to go buying a full set of tyres so that plan stagnated and the 'pots got sold for a reasonable £80. That evening a chance perusal of eBay netted an affordable priced set of Pug 205 1.9GTI speed lines. These were duly collected and paid for, for the princely sum of £20. Another £30 on prep and paint and I'm still up!

4McNxcF.jpg

Sounds like you've done ok on the wheels, surprised the 205 wheels aren't fetching more yet really given they must be getting quite rare?

red said:
[post]362848[/post] Sounds like you've done ok on the wheels, surprised the 205 wheels aren't fetching more yet really given they must be getting quite rare?

They would usually go for 80-100, especially as these are the more sort after Speedline ones, rather than the same design made by TMR (no I didn't know there were two types until last week either). There are probably more sets of wheels left than there are 205/309 1.9 GTis now! I got lucky with the eBay auction.

Forgot to say, the wheels that were on it are specific to the 'Black' edition called F1 I think.

You can check on www.etis.ford.com for the trim it came with, if it was factory leather then likely a Black.

Latest posts

Back