Puma Black New OSR Arch Replacement

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gopud

Hi All,
As mentioned in my first post I would be replacing my Drivers Side Rear arch.
The first task was finding a suitable donor......I'm looking for suggestions here, as I opted for a Near Side Front from a scrap Puma as the curve is very similar.

First thing was to cut out the rot:
20170624_181152.jpg
This included cutting out the inner rot too.

Next was the cutting of the front donor:
20170624_181158.jpg
Now this fit is close, but as you'll see, it's not really close enough and needed a bit of work...rendering it no better than any other choice.

The donor wing also provided and material to weld up the inner arch, this was seem welded for strength.
20170626_165046.jpg
It needed to be shaped with the lip, so it would still fit snugly against the replacement outer.

Then as you can see the amount of work needed on the outer to get the arch right, and the fit correct so only a skim of filler would be needed.....
20170628_191318.jpg

Next was the filler, still a little work to do to get the 'arch' back, as it's a complex curve so this bit is critical...
20170630_082654.jpg

I have additional advice if you want to tackle this yourselves, or even help your garage to get it right.

Still looking for another/better donor option for my next repair.

Nice job considering you opted to ignore the usual and I believe easy option of the Pug 206 front wing to replace your rear arch :grin:

Seemingly the right front arch is an exact match for the left rear and t'other way round left front/right rear

Latest posts

Back