Millennium #0029

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mogsa98

Okay, as some of you will know, I have 3 Pumas. First one I bought in November 2015 was a silver 1.4. My girlfriend now uses that, and earlier this year, I bought a Black edition that has been stood for 5 years, which I used as a project and learning curve. I then discovered that because of heaven only know what, insurance companies prefer a 19 year old to drive a 1.7 than a 1.4, so I sourced myself Millennium Puma #0029. I bought it in June 2017, and have loved it ever since.

I am still working on the black edition, but it is, for the moment, going to be a project for racing!!

So then, this thread is the for Millie, and you can probably very easily find the project thread for the Panther Back Puma.

Is that because the link for the project thread is in your signature? :grin: #winningthegame

Good luck with the new project :cool:

Indeed so Red :)

Well, this week, I fitted Poly anti-roll bar bushes, which have got rid of an annoying clunk that the car developed. I looked under the car as well, when re-fitting my Piper back-box following a conversation with my insurance company.

I have now noticed that one of the rear shock absorbers is leaking, so I will be replacing all 4 with standard shocks, and Eibach springs, as this was an option offered by Ford when the car was new, so I will not need to inform them of that change (as confirmed with them!)

I also, this week tried to replace the wishbones, but ended up rounding a bolt (the back one) horrifically, so I'll get a mechanic to do that soon, as well as the rear beam bushes. Overall then, not going too badly with this one - certainly better than the Panther, which I am rapidly borrowing things from... Most of them are things that I will not need for track days and such. I have borrowed and cleaned the inlet manifold to put on the Millie, and will be swapping them over, so that both look new and shiny!

Good luck with the Puma obsession. ( I only have my Pumas one at a time) :lol:

Rear beam bushes: Done
Wishbones: Done
Some rust proofing: Thanks Mr Mechanic for having a moment and being bored!!
Polished headlights? - see above! Very nice mechanic - I was late picking the car up, and he said that he had got bored!!

Next job is the rear shocks; fronts seem fine. I'll be getting a set of H&R springs (-30mm) to fit to the standard shocks, as this is about the maximum drop that I think the Puma looks good with, as well as it being the max that you can still use the old shocks with :D

Also had the tracking done this week, which has made the world of difference - I was hoping that it was nothing more serious, and for once, it was just that.

My thoughts with this car are that I might at some point purchase a 6 speed gearbox from a Fiesta ST180, and see whether it could be persuaded to fit in the whole left by the IB5 (anyone any thoughts about that?) - my reason for considering that is because at some point in the next couple of years (though not too soon, I hope!), my Puma is likely to need a new clutch, and I might as well have a play around while it's being done?

For the moment, though, I'm loving life with this Puma; even more fun than the 1.4 - as you'd expect. Just need to make sure I wash her as often as she deserves!!

mogsa98 said:
[post]365849[/post]
My thoughts with this car are that I might at some point purchase a 6 speed gearbox from a Fiesta ST180, and see whether it could be persuaded to fit in the whole left by the IB5 (anyone any thoughts about that?) - my reason for considering that is because at some point in the next couple of years (though not too soon, I hope!), my Puma is likely to need a new clutch, and I might as well have a play around while it's being done?

Not as straightforward as you thought, but doing it.... Have a look at my thread :wink:

Just had a read of your thread. it looks like it isn't impossible. It is a consideration for the future at present, but none of the parts are too expensive, and I know a mechanic who is an absolute genius!

I thought that the driveshafts would be a problem, but you seem to have solved it. I will await your results and an update of when the gearbox is in the car. I'll await a review of how it goes :)

Morgan

Latest posts

Back