Penelope the pink puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mada

Hi Guys! used to own a puma about 5 years ago, have always fancied another one and then this little beauty came up for sale around the corner from me.

it is fiat pink, not my first colour, but will be getting made into a fast road/track car. She will be called Penelope, as requested by the previous owner. Came with no mot, needs some rust sorting and a few other bits but for the price can't complain!

first picture at home

fL20eWl.jpg

first wash!

AXSNWzh.jpg

fall out applied!

DoaVDmp.jpg

T4dn1O4.jpg

fitted a tape ecu

om57NLM.jpg

car is getting collected tomorrow for welding to be done and last few bits for the mot.

once its passed, will start to strip it and get it track ready.

colour might stay for a laugh, will make it stand out on track at least!

Welcome to puma ownership. :eek:k:

I've fixed your image links for you. Make sure that they don't start with https, and that they end with .jpg. :thumbs:

Have to admit I quite fancy a pink one (I should clarify that....pink Puma) looks good body wise and love the Porsche lurking there

Having once seen a photo of (deep sigh) Aston Martin Vantage in pink nothing comes as a surprise to me anymore... Still, not my cup of tea, this puma in pink.
I like the Pink Panther cartoon and that is as far as my affection for pink goes....... :?

pink isn't my colour, but at least its different! still toying with the idea of repainting it at some point.

car got picked up and work should start on it next week!

So Penelope has finally passed her mot! taxed and insured.

first picture on the road

b4iWT7q.jpg

First mod is FRP airbox mod with added foil

xpKgSVm.jpg

Ybm85KZ.jpg

HID's also fitted into main beam

Vg8ul42.jpg

Also got chance to swap around the pin on the ecu so now my temp gauge works

pink is staying as I've just bought a pink harness haha,

foil in the box is a little idea i had on trying to keep inlet temp down, had it lying around anyway, doubt it'll make much difference but we shall see

started to strip Penelope :wink:

rear wiper removed and bung added
GTpvqUV.jpg

and some rear weight removed, also took spare wheel off and carrier

0MLey3m.jpg

s0eSuAA.jpg

So after christmas started on stripping out the sound deadening with the help from Sarah
xMk3hp3.jpg

fitted a set of clear indicator rear lights, just need to get new bulbs
uy1x3UQ.jpg

avo coilovers picked up from emma, and springs washed in the dishwasher!

ivVmQda.jpg

UXrBnFE.jpg

took advantage of euro car parts sale, and gave the engine a full service and a flush, swell as the coolant system

VcMUaYq.jpg

went up a building, stands out like a swore thumb

jJ1keQJ.jpg

fitted sparco wheel, just need to change the horn button, notice little pink detail ;)

ix01d4b.jpg

started to paint the inside, but since changed my mind, going to try something else next month hopefully

OLPKd1m.jpg

picked up some new seats, still fia approved and only £120 for both

3ztZkXC.jpg

old exhaust off

nCmqD7F.jpg

new back box on, its a hoffman from a zetec s

SRGP8rV.jpg

and brings us up to today where i fitted a sticker haha

HCuVruQ.jpg

got a huge pile of parts to fit over the next few weeks and hopefully get my first track day done in march time

Hi Mada,
It would be interesting to get it on the scales to see how much you have saved. I have done this on previous cars and I was amazed how much interior carpets, sound deadening and door cards weigh.
Colin Chapman said 'For speed add lightness'.
Kind regards Ian

Latest posts

Back