Sprint Hillclimb project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Humane-Hobgoblin

So after about 2 years of trying to get back into Sprint Hillclimbing and toying with the idea of getting an MX5 or something similar (MR2 or something) my cousin told me he’s planning on selling his old track toy, his Puma (duh).

It’s only got a fully stripped interior, nothing too major, but my idea would be to get rid of the original seats, get some bucket seats and fit some 4 point harnesses.

He’s already fitted Nankang NS-2Rs on the front, (I have them on my daily RX8, i know they’re good tyres) and he’ll tidy up the interior by grinding down some surface rust and sort the stripped dashboard. He’ll also change the cambelt for me.

Nothing is set in stone at the moment, but it’s a start!

Sounds fun, love the power these have as it’s unexpected, I’m looking to get a Rex next year too!

I'm cosnidering doing exactly the same thing, I'm just a little bit further ahead in that I've bought myself a ready to go puma cup car, be great to bounce off soemone else doing the same thing I'm havign a hard time trying to understand MSA regs, which part of the country are you based? I was thiking about trying out the one at loton Park near Shrewsbury that's closest to me.

Latest posts

Back