Chris's Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris3boro

Right thought I'd start a project thread so people can take a closer look at my car, and hopefully I'll have things to add over time. Don't expect weekly updates as my wallet forbids it! :(

Nevertheless, here she is and I have plans, even though they're long term. :)

The car

2001 'X' Puma 1.6 Zetec-SE
Moondust Silver
51,000 miles when bought
Lux pack
9 Spoke alloy wheels

Modifications

Pipercross Induction Kit
Samco blue induction hose
Smoked side repeaters
'Puma' logo mats
ProjectPuma URL rear window sticker
Puma logo Aluminium door sills
Aluminium look handbrake cover
Aero Wiper blades (front and back)

Long Term Plans

Rear wings sorting (priority)
Lowering
New alloys
Backbox/Cat back (probably Piper)
Possibly bucket seats

I bought the car in July 2008 and it's the second car I've owned. Here are some pics from when I first got it home.....

Puma008.jpg

Puma003.jpg

Puma009.jpg

Site sticker added:

Puma011.jpg

Pipercross Induction Kit & Samco hose added:

Pumawithsamcoinductionkit.jpg

pics of the smoked side repeaters and mats coming soon.....

Looks clean and tidy :eek:k:

What needs sorting on the rear wings? Tin worm?

Dal said:
Looks clean and tidy :eek:k:

What needs sorting on the rear wings? Tin worm?

It's a ford, guess! haha, yeh rust. Having seen a few pumas rear wings, mine isnt too bad. The drivers side has quite a few bubbles on it which I had filled in with touch up paint, but the winter has seen more stains appear. The passenger side has no apparent rust on the body but there's a little bit on the underside of the arch edge.
Worst hting is drives side has been resprayed in past by a blind man lol, and has gone dull and looks rubbish so that's the 1 thing letting the car down (and is as much the reason for getting it done as the bubbling)
I'll get quotes for just the drivers side and the passengers side, but if the price is ok ill get both done so i know im safe for the future.

Few more pics....

The front and rear aero wipers:

pumaaerowiper-front.jpg

pumaaerowiper-rear.jpg

Smoked repeaters fitted:

Pumasmokedrepeatersfitted.jpg

Puma logo mats (waiting for better weather before fitting)

Puma-logomats.jpg

No other mats are quite as good as the proper Ford ones IMO. They can be manky as hell and still come up like new given a good scrubbing.

Dal said:
No other mats are quite as good as the proper Ford ones IMO. They can be manky as hell and still come up like new given a good scrubbing.

cool, thats good to know. Gonna try and keep them clean in the first place though by only using in spring/summer. Easier said than done mind!

you could use some cheap aftermarket ones to protect the carpet from the worse weather & wear n tear. Mats are cheaper than carpet!

spike. said:
you could use some cheap aftermarket ones to protect the carpet from the worse weather & wear n tear. Mats are cheaper than carpet!

Im using cheap mats atm, which came with the car when I bought it. Like i said, these ones will just be used in nice weather :)

Ive got the genuine ford mats but mine are a little bit more manky than those, never thought of giving them a good scrub, i just usually hoover them and thats it. Looking good all round. Ive got that handbrake cover too, think i paid £30 or there abouts from pumabuild.

DradusContact said:
How do you rate the aeroflat wipers?

Pretty well. The front ones were squeeking so replaced them (around 4k miles ago) and so far they've been fine. Bought them for the looks as much as the 'performance', look far more modern in my opinion (prob as theyre fitted to most new cars, espec VAG stuff)

Rear one was fitted around 1k ago at a guess, as old one also squeeked. New ones been fine, also think it looks far better than the old style one with loads of gaps in the blade.

Just order myself 3 lots of those wipers for mine and the fiesta, really like how they look! Mine are squeaking and ones got rubber trailing behind it so need doing, and the fiesta ones are shocking. (Might help if i went near it with a sponge every now and then mind!)

Latest posts

Back