Not Project Barn find

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quest63

So actually not a real barn find as I put her there in the first place :) and perhaps not even a real project as its a complete meander without much direction but here goes.

In a galaxy far far away (ok then its my garage no galaxies were involved in the making of this NOT project) lay a sleeping monster

She wore a lovely steering wheel courtesy of our Croatian friend

And was possessed of a strange Lux mat cover that Granny Questy forged

Seats and trim in great fettle

The sleeping beast bore a mystical insignia that told of her ancient interment

And a unique branding once cruely alleged to have something to do with ZX Spectrum :)

The End, or the beginning or the middle, I'm not sure yet.

Good luck with the car Quest.

What's first on the list...?
Have you been starting her up on a regular basis..?

Ha Ha that'll be an all round no to everything.

Nope not even run irregularly. Theres things I would like to be doing first like get the front D/S brake pipe job finished, do a little rust removal around brake pipe bracket before fitting the pipe and D/S front hose. Get new front tyres etc etc.

Instead I'll settle for unplugging the ABS, removing the probably only surface seized brake callipers so I can move it enough to get underneath and get it turning over manually.

The lay up started with a fuel pump fail followed by my starting replacing the rear brake pipes then the front ones, then fitting a new tank with x10 coats of paint.The plan was to get the brakes up and working first before trying starting it. But life stuff happenned and Pumba didnt.

I'm trying to avoid lists but new battery, front tyres and as Im informed that my mechanic can get it MOT'd while its SORNED a MOT at some point.

Ive got two cans of old petrol free if anyone local wants some free fuel.

Just managed to find these done by a member for me 4 years ago. So Popping one of these in and going to a meet can be the final item on the ermm list I dont actually have....yet

So somewhat sadly Ive decided to break the old girl. I'm just not finding the time to get her fixed working 7 days a week and even if I did when would I ever use her? Anyways I decided if I could get a reasonable price for the trim it would be the catalyst to break her. That day has now arrived and even as I'm starting removing the trim for the new owner I'm in two minds. She probably had more of my time and pain than any other car I ever had not to mention a good few quid. So I'm off to start a breaking thread I guess. :-(

Hi Sinisa, I know I know but it just seems the best option, but at the same time it seems wrong lol. I probably havent had any other car this long before but at the same time I never had a car I used so little. Its cost me 1k for the garage its sat in for the last 4 years. Not a fortune but along with the 3k I probably have in it too much for a car I dont even have the time to use if it was back on the road. I could use a second car as a standby for work but it would need to be an estate car probably another Passat 1.9 tdi

I could sell it complete minus the trim which I have already been paid for however I wouldn't get anywhere near what I would get by breaking it, Which matters as its cost me 1k in garaging for 4 years plus I had 3k in it.

Could break it for enough to buy another one lol :grin:

Latest posts

Back