FRP 50, update post #18

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woolley

Here is my new FRP, I picked it up monday and only have these few pics so far, im going to clean it and take some more on weekend

DSC01616.jpg

DSC01617.jpg

Overall its very good condition, slight ware to drivers seat but nothing major. the paintwork is immaculate, its rapped in armourfend, altho it does need changing so i will be removing it tomorrow when i wax it, The wheels do need a refurb and are going in to be done on monday but will come back a differnt colour :p ,
also has mild steel cat back on so i will be changing it with the spare ss i have in my garage, only other thing was the rear seat has ware where the parcel shelf meets so i swapped that over already with my old one

few small changes happening soon that i will update with

Woolley said:
its wrapped in armourfend, altho it does need changing so i will be removing it tomorrow when i wax it,

this happened when I had mine removed!

If you have more put on, i'd recommend paint sheild as they do a full bonnet kit.

P1050296.jpg

P1050295.jpg

loooovely! You going for dark or white alloys then? By the way, can someone very briefly explain armourfend-as Spikes pics above make it look scary!

its only scary when pulling it off, if your paint has been resprayed badly.

Its a plastic film which sticks over the paint, to protect from stone chips.

http://xpeleu.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

spike. said:
Have your door cards flappy alcontara?

1-50 suffered from this.

Yeh sure did, altho i changed them with my ones from #296 and the ones from 50 are being turned into gaitors by my mum :D

spike. said:
Woolley said:
its wrapped in armourfend, altho it does need changing so i will be removing it tomorrow when i wax it,

this happened when I had mine removed!

If you have more put on, i'd recommend paint sheild as they do a full bonnet kit.

P1050296.jpg

P1050295.jpg

Fook thats nasty, did you heat it or anything before removing

chris3boro said:
loooovely! You going for dark or white alloys then? By the way, can someone very briefly explain armourfend-as Spikes pics above make it look scary!

They will be in ford graphite gray with matt laqure :grin:

Woolley said:
chris3boro said:

They will be in ford graphite gray with matt laqure :grin:

nice, and the armourfend??

Oh its just a clear vinyl really which protects the paint work from stone chips

http://www.armourfend.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Woolley said:
Oh its just a clear vinyl really which protects the paint work from stone chips

http://www.armourfend.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ah thought it'd be something like that. Ta

works well, but some kits are better than others for being hidden!

My car has the rear arches, and everything forward of the mirrows covered!

spike. said:
works well, but some kits are better than others for being hidden!

My car has the rear arches, and everything forward of the mirrows covered!

It work well?? Doesn't get rid/prevent rust does it? hahah :-D :(

Looks good Woolley.

Interested to see how what you do to it. (*fingers crossed ;)*)

You preparing it for FITP?

spike. said:
narr, pumas rust from the inside out!

Yep, that's what's going on with #013. Interestingly, it's not the same place as where my last Puma started to rust. Weird.

Jus got the wheels back yesterday. changes over the past 2 weeks are, the wheels, the flaps, smoked indicators, plates, painted brakes, removed the armourfend stickers, and i auto glym wax'd it :D

P1010240.jpg

P1010229-1.jpg

P1010223-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back