puma for the mrs

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmatt-s2rst

after a drunken night on ebay and a few phonecalls i bought a damaged '00 w reg puma for the mrs
ive always wanted to try my hand at repairing sommat so thought this was perfect and it gets me some browny points into the bargain

here it is when i picked it up
80k miles full service history 2 previous owners and its only a 1400 so ideal for her and cheap tax
6f73_1.jpg

7a15_1.jpg

8c87_1.jpg

59d5_1.jpg

63d1_1.jpg

8324_1.jpg

looks a lot worse than it is which i think is the case with most newer accident damaged cars

had a day stripping all the damaged stuff off yesterday and fitting new bonnet to check panel gaps along the wings, also gave it a bit of a scrub and a hoover out
DSC04777.jpg

DSC04778.jpg

it needs a front panel and cross member so i ordered them just hope they dont take forever to come
gaps along the bonnet and wings are all spot on

gunna hold out for a black bumper to save on spraying then it just needs a headlight and grille

more updates when the panels arrive

Welcome to Projectpuma :eek:k:

(Can't think where I've seen you before... ;) )

I'm sure a few people here will be able to help you out with parts - thinking Zarablackcoupe to start with as she's breaking a black one. (Although most parts have gone perhaps)

Welcome to the site :D

This is what it's all about! 'Project' pumas.

It's awesome to see them being fixed up in anyway!

Looks like it's very clean aside from the damage; is it registered with the insurance or just sold as repairable?

Be good to see it in a fully state of readiness!

its not on the register, the lass just crashed it before christmas and her dad was gunna repair it himself but couldnt be assed in the end so i stepped it, it was only a couple of miles from my house so no transport costs
ill keep updating as and when

it is very clean apart from the usual scabby rear arches but ill get them sorted at a later date

Hey.. welcome over here :D

As Dal says ive just broken down a black puma... the only thing to tell it was a black puma is the rear quarters lol...
have a few bits and bobs from the engine bay....

look 4ward to the progress...

Have the rear quarters got any rust on Zara?

Oh, and is the smashed car still running? The engine looks to be ok.

erm.. no they havent any rust... Im waiting for Zenithus as he did want the rear arches....
the engine was removed just after xmas been messed around by 2 ebayers tho....but tis fine, was running great b4 it was taken out though :)

If the quarters are still up for grabs im interested, save me getting mine rust treated. let me know.

Latest posts

Back