My Black Cat

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haGGard

Only had this car a couple of weeks now. Just finished putting the mondeo st alloys on, and also put the passenger wing mirror on. Didnt break a single plastic clip/pin on the door panel! :p Tomorow its getting some window tints done, and then gonna save for some coilovers me thinks. But that comes next month as ive got a holiday to go on in 2 weeks!

Could do with a wash but hey, heres a couple of pics...

DSC_3062Large.jpg

DSC_3063Large.jpg

And the old xr2 waiting to be sold
DSC_3066Large.jpg

Those alloys look very nice mate :) Big fan of multispokes!

Always nice to see a fellow black X-reg owner ;)

Looking good :-D
Those wheels work well! (any comments about that being because they're round will be ignored)

Love the pepperpots on the XR2 as well by the way :)

They're gorgeous little classics now. Yours is as old as me judging by its registration!

Nice wheels mate... and of course black.. best colour :D

Looking good :) :eek:k:

looks good with the wheels on wot tints r u hav'n done is limo on rear light on front or r u having light all round?

Im about to drop it off at the tinting garage in a sec.

The xr2 has smoked all round. On the puma im getting the rears smoked, but the fronts only half smoked. Not going for the full limo black.

I really like the wheels but i had not driven it before taking those pic. It turns out they rub! Well, the passenger side wheel rubs. I dont know why but its rubbing on the inner arch when i turn right, but not left. And both the front wheels rub when i put a full lock on. Lame!

Could be the offset, could be as simple as the shape of the tyre at the edge.

The higher the number of the offset, the further in the wheel will sit.

The standard props have an offset of 34, but because are only 6" wide, don't rub. A wider wheel with the same offset will likely rub on the edge of the arch when turned outwards.

A higher offset, say about 37, and on 17" wheels, will be further into the wheel arch, but will conversely rub on the arch lining.

A tyre with a more curved profile, for example, Toyo T1s (not sure about the T1r yet) will rub less on the same wheels than Avon ZZ3, which have a squarer edge.

I borrowed an frp tyre (215/40/17) when I had one of my 205/40/17s looking dangerous. That extra 10mm of width caused it to rub in the inner arch, where as my 205s didn't.

It can be a lottery if they rub or not. What profile tyre do you have?

Maybe your inner arch lining is mounted differently on one side? The offset will most likely be stamped on the inner hub somewhere or in a spoke inner.. ETXX

Some spacers might be useful. Your alloys will be too close to the chassis of the car with an offset of ET49.5.

You'll no doubt need longer bolts! Or possibly Hubcentric spacers may be more suitable.

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=3703" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hmm as much as i like the alloys, they will probably go. Will something like this be better?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/17-FORD-FOCUS-98-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 240%3A1318

They have an offset of ET38 but are still 17 inch. They would go on no problems right as standard props are ET34 right?

ET38 should be ok. Generally ET34 - 38 works ok on a Puma.

My multispokes are ET37.

Where did you get yours?

I really love the look of those black multispokes with polished lip on ebay. Thats the stye i originally wanted but in haste i bought these mondeo alloys. But i dont want to buy them if i get them and find out they also rub with an ET of 38

I got mine (complete with Toyo T1-S tyres.. oh, those were the days..sigh..) from http://www.alloywheels.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Shame you can't get them any more as I'd love some 16" versions.

Latest posts

Back