Cleaned Out

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yippeekiay

Up North i.e. 100+ Miles Above Manchester!!!
Well I cleaned my wallet out today in preparation for the ring.

Just bought:-

Cam Belt Kit
Aux Belt
Focus Clutch & Bearing
Wheel Bearings x4
ARB Bushes
Silicon HT Leads
Coil Pack
Iridium Plugs
Aero Wipers x3
Rear Brake Shoes
ANOTHER ABS sensor for the one I broke...lol

These are to be fitted at the same time as the stuff I bought a few weeks back:-

Wishbones x2
Drop Links
Oil Filter & New Oil

Already fitted:-

Air Filter
Pollen Filter
Fuel Filter
300mm Brake Upgrade
16" Wheels & New Tyres

Jeeeesus... :shock: I have spent more on this Puma in the last few months than I spent on my Omega in nearly 5 years and the only thing you can see for all that cash is the wheels...lol!!!!

I'm so glad the car cost me peanuts as there's no way I'd spend this much normally. I still have to pay a bundle to fit the bloody stuff. :hide:

Still need a bloody oil sump plug which I have just remembered...lol

Just hope the ring is worth it, although I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry for my 5k+ mile trip...woohoo!!!

Wow mate, that's some list, should keep the car happy for a good while yet!

Nice one, basically a puma rebuild then! haha :p I'm very envious of you all going to the ring, and then your epic trip after Yippee

Yip are you def wanting the car booked in next Tuesday then?

that should keep the car sweet for best part of ten years!

Yes Zara, as long as it all comes in time but book me in and I'll confirm 100% at the weekend.

Got the sump plug today, what a weird looking thing it is now with it's built in washer etc. Cost me £6.10 which even the Ford bloke thought was a bloody rip off..lol

Went to get Aircon regassed and the system has a leak so have to take it elsewhere that fill it with an ultravoilet dye and use black light to find the leak....sounds a little technical just to find a leak and not cheap...lol

10 years!!....I'll be mighty sick if I've still got the thing in 10 years but it better last as long as I use it....lol

Can't help thinking 90% of what I've bought for it is unneeded but better safe than sorry. Decided against some AP Coilovers as I'd rather have the confort now I'm getting on a bit...lol, plus it handles well enough anyway.

yippeekiay said:
Got the sump plug today, what a weird looking thing it is now with it's built in washer etc. Cost me £6.10 which even the Ford bloke thought was a bloody rip off..lol

That is a rip-off, if it's Finis 1013938.

I paid full retail (Jan 2008 ) £4.79 (inc 17.5% VAT).

Would you believe it I already have some decent NGK platinum plugs in the car. Typical!!.

Managed to get the engine cover off without too much trouble although someone else has had a go and rounded off 2 of the bolts but a T27 stardrive slightly tapped in managed to free them fairly easily. The standard 4mm allen head fitted all the others once it was tapped in too.

Denso Iridiums are in now with the new coilpack (HT's not arrived yet) and dunno whether it's placebo effect but it feels way better for them but I only went round the block anyway. One little concern...I had a fair amount of oil on a couple of the old plugs when I pulled them out.

I have a funny feeling the cambelt was changed not very long ago but can't be 100% so still changing it for piece of mind.

Also fitted my wipers which don't seem too bad, clearing better than the bosch one's that were on it but will reserve judgement for when I'm moving at pace to see if they juddddddddder...lol

Bloody side indicators were a pain, the bulbs supplied seemed to be too long so were preventing me from putting the lense cover right in. I have different connectors on one side than the other for some reason but a little gentle persuasion finally saw them both in....lol

yippeekiay said:
.......... One little concern...I had a fair amount of oil on a couple of the old plugs when I pulled them out.

.......... I have different connectors on one side than the other for some reason but a little gentle persuasion finally saw them both in....lol

Was the oil on the outside (white) of the plugs before you took them out? If so, it's the rocker cover gasket. that's what happened to mine after they changed the cambelt and used the old gasket.

Mine has odd side indicator connectors as well.

I am getting a new cambelt fitted next week and have a new rocker cover gasket at the ready. There was a very small amount - and I mean small - on the outside of the plugs which could have been overspill drops when I topped up the oil as the closest one to the filler had the most but the channel were all the plugs fit into the head was very clean. To be honest there was more oil on the threads after I took the plugs out but all the plus were the same colour so burning pretty equally which has me stumped.

The engine is running sweet so hoping I'm worrying unnecessarily.

As in the ring thread I have fitted my new ABS sensor and it works...first time I have had ABS since I got it so thankfull it was nothing else. Just been tearing up the roads round my house trying it out...lol

Fitted my new HT leads but they are WAY longer than the one's that were in...I have a suspicion they are the wrong one's but they're working so I'll see how it goes.

Shame my f'in Cambelt Kit still hasn't arrived....have sent the person a right snotty e-mail asking where the f it is as he said it was posted on the 24th!!!

Least I have my new clutch, wheel bearings and everything else to fit.

hopefully it will come 2moro so you can get it ftted wednesday then! see ya in the morning!

bright and early

Back