T333FRP fix-up

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookie

Hello all,

Just thought I'd share some piccys and info about my fairly recent aquisition, FRP no.333

Here she is with a couple of her friends...
1968MustangFordRacingPumaFocusRS003.jpg

1968MustangFordRacingPumaFocusRS009.jpg

Sadly the Puma has led a rather rough and abused life to date. Over 3 years of sitting around waiting for parts and desputes over payment with the previous owner have taken their toll on the poor old thing so it's gonna need some TLC to get her back into tip-top condition. Here's the worst bits:

Fuel Pump Seized - FIXED (£200 odd from ford, £21 sender & pump Assy on Ebay)
HEGO sensor heating circuit broken - (£131.38 from Ford, £48 on ebay)
Lockers on all wheels, with no damn key! - FIXED
Rusty bumper grilles (aren't they all?) - FIXED
Keyed N/S front wing
Scraped front bumper
Kurbed B/S front alloy
Oil and Grease caked Alacantara on the Steering wheel - FIXED (carpet cleaner)
Broken wing mirror - FIXED
Rusty/Rotten exhaust manifold - FIXED (now replaced with a stainless pumabuild one)
knackered CAT, due to HEGO sensor fault - FIXED (new stainless one fitted)
Emissions failure on MOT (again HEGO sensor)
ABS sensor fault - (part from Ford £120 odd, part from Ebay £35... :cool: )

Just what I've found so far... think I've got a little list of things to do!

All the best guys.... :D

Cool pictures :)

At least you've not had to have the engine out and rebuilt!

Good to hear another is being looked after!!

Did you paint the grilles or replace them?

Awesome photo!

*tries not to dribble too much over the Mustang*

Thanks Red, sounds like you've had a bad experience with your FRP engine then I'd guess....??? Great looking car matey, hope 333 comes back to being 1/2 as nice... :oops:

Until I find a better solution I've just cleaned up and re-painted the grilles. I think longer term I'll probably replace them with expanded aluminum, or stainless (if it's available) instead of expanded steel mesh to "resolve" the issue permanently!

Good to see sum1 is willing to keep it going and look after it :D

Cherie said:
*tries not to dribble too much over the Mustang*

Thanks Cherie, the Mustang is my little "pet project", I've just spent countless hours stripping it all apart and rebuilding it from the ground up and I can tell you, working on a 41 year old car doesn't come without its challenges! So spending some time sorting out the FRP is quite welcome!

Here's a couple more piccys for ya...
P1000309-800x600.jpg

Just after I got the engine back in last month...
Mustang011-3.jpg

When I first came accross the FRP I felt sorry for the poor old thing. I was itching for the day it became "too much of a burden" to the previous owner so I could get my grubby mits on it and put it all back as it should be. I can't wait to get her fixed and back on the road... :twisted:

Yeah, oil starvation at some point caused a big end failure just after I bought it. It's all good again now though!

My left and right grilles don't match so i'm going to be something with one or both at some point.

Hopefully you can find some helpful information here!

looks like its in safe hands mate. If its anywer near as clean as the mustang it will be one awesome frp wen ur done with it :) keep up the good work matey,look forward to seeing the progress

Welcome along!

*Tries not to dribble too much over the FRS*

Back