track width

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

souljacker

I'm looking at fitting a wide arch kit to my millie but cant find the correct info about the track width(for wheel spacers) of standard puma & frp can anyone help ?????? :grin:

Bad idea but works to get the same look I guess.

Spacing will all depend on what wheels you're using, i.e. their offset and also if you want the wheels to sit as the FRPs do or slightly further out i.e. in line with the arches.

Finally; a wide yellow Millennium would be awesome!

Where you looking to get your wide arch kit from??
you want to check out magnum motorsport website they supply everything,
http://www.magnummotorsport.co.uk/fordpuma.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They can even do carbon fibre or a kelvar composite if you want pure bulletproof!

I was thinking spacers due to cost but would need to look into the cost of frp suspension (sounds expensive)

But of course you have to remember that that kit is even wider than an FRP so you'd have to consider the wheel spacing more appropriately.

Couple of things to be aware of;

The FRP runs ET28 wheels.

Standard wheels are ET34.

A 15mm hubcentric spacer on an ET34 will give you ET19, and the car won't drive very nicely. I ran ET40's with a 15mm spacer and it was ok, but ET35's with a 15mm spacer was pretty awful.

The FRP's front suspension is modified with;

Extended wishbones
Modified strut assemblies
Different driveshafts
Different track rod ends (I think)

The best way to achieve anything like the look you are after would undoubtedly be using FRP bits and circa ET25 wheels.

I believe Jacko has a supplier of the extended wishbones
I think the track rods are an off the shelf part
I something can be done to modify the strut assemblies to fit the repositioned hub
You will struggle with the driveshafts though.

Get an FRP and "narrow arch" convert it. That'll confuse 'em..

:lol:

I think most would agree its not worth the expense. You would be essentially turning the car into a Frp minus the power. So for the roughly the same money you would only be getting half the product.

Latest posts

Back