New Allison Automotive YouTube channel

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Folks..

Finally got round to creating my own YouTube channel now.. it's been character building on my first vid I tell thee!! :oops:

Firstly I inherited my dads video camera which I've never used before, ..plus I didn't realise it was on the highest HD resolution possible so the files sizes from a full engine service was just MASSIVE.. then trying to manipulate all then AND learn Power director 15 at the same time was a nightmare as my PC just couldn't handle the huge files and sync the sound, so I ended up having to 'guess' audio track over the top of each file which kind of worked...anyway...enough of the lame sob stories... there is 1 up there now if you type ' Ford Puma Engine Service' you'll find it... condensing a few days work into 30 minutes was not easy!...

In hindsight maybe I should have done a shorter one for a first vid..lol :lol: :lol:

Plenty more over the coming weeks and hopefully they'll be far better presented too

Kind Regards

Chris Allison

Wild E. Coyote said:
[post]365134[/post] Nice one! You should work on sound quality, though. And I think nowadays mobile phones are capable of better picture than camera you used...?

I had to output the final version out at a low resolution just to get it done.. my computer was struggling so much with the large file sizes I really thought I wasn't going to be able to do a voice over at all... then I worked out a way to cut it all up into chunks and 'guess' the voice over on each chunk....

more ram and a bigger hard drive ordered :cool: :cool:

Doing a stage 2 next so will have fun putting that one up...may be a while tho...hope to do a couple of shorter ones in the meantime..

Chris

Interesting, will watch properly at some point.

I've also been thinking about it, HCV diagnosis was going to be my first video.

It shows how proper tools and work space make things so much easier, I've done a couple of engine rebuilds but always on the floor, I always wanted an engine stand but could never afford one...nice video, well done

Latest posts

Back