Wanted FRP calipers (-)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's this set on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Racing-Puma-Alcon-4-Pot-Brake-Calipers-/221013766479?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item337572714f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a bit of a risk, there's no knowing when they were last serviced, so they may very well be shagged.

They are knackered (seized pistons and corrosion) and they have all the pad retainers and guides etc missing which are £35 each so more than a new set from PB to rebuild them

pad rails can be made at any good engineers for £7 each....

do you specifically want or need frp brakes? you can get better cheaper calipers brand new! wilwood 6 pots for example, 500 quid at rallydesign, lighter will give better braking results more pistons etc give a better feel, also wont need so much maintenance and wont corrode and become useless

i can understand frp owners wanting the alcons to keep the car original etc, but anyone else buying them are paying a massive frp tax on them which you could use to get better elsewhere

yep, some 6-pot are cheaper and I've set one of them a year ago:
try2-3.jpg

But today I need a FRP front brakes coz it's original and valid to the tech-rules of our local races.

Back