FRP centre caps

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Modena

Dear Puma friends,

Racing Puma #93 was exported to the Netherlands.

The owner bought new alloys, and I bought his old ones. They were pretty scratched up, but I completely restored them!! I just never found the original centre caps. I found the 'badges' (picture from ebay, mine are safely put away)

I just need the plastic insert now to make my centre caps complete.

So... who can help me with these plastic inserts? The alloys are original MiM/Speedline.
Or perhaps someone knows where I can find complete Original centre caps?

Some final pics, in mm.

Outer, around 59/60mm

Inner, around 55mm

Thanks in advance!!

BentleyA is your man. He's the go-to guy for all things Racing Puma!

I'm fairly sure the plastic bits are damned near impossible to get hold of unfortunately.

Last set that sold sold for about £120 !!!, I had a good look on ebay and there are a few generic ones that are the same size and also I think some citroen and Renault ones are, would need a bit of work to make them look oem though

Goodness, I need to adjust my settings. I don't get a message in my email inbox that a new message is posted in my topic, hence my late reply. Sorry!!

I am indeed still searching for the plastic inserts. Do you still have them? Are they neat? Not scratched up? :grin:

I read that the centre caps are still available new from Speedline, quite reasonably.

Why not call them and find out? +44 (0)1952 582825 http://www.speedlinecorse.co.uk/contact.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well I can't remember exactly what they look like since I sold mine some time ago but here's something similar for sale.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPEEDLINE-CORSE-ALLOY-WHEEL-SILVER-CENTRE-CAP-1-Plastic-Back-60mm-/261216073880#vi-content" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let me know if you contact them and what they say.

I emailed them (sure my English is fine, but on the phone... :oops: )
They told me the Speedline cap is also 59mm o/d so no problem to fit the MIM wheels. Price is 6.00 euro or £5.00GBP
:grin: :grin: :grin:

So now I'm hoping everything will fit nicely and look great!

About the ebay link you posted, I hope these will be silver. As long as everyting fits well :grin:

I'll keep you posted!

If they aren't silver then I'm sure you can easily spray them with a bit of moondust silver which is very close to the colour of the wheels.

You can let us know if they fit ok :grin:

*Edit that eBay ad says silver but also says the plastic is black so I would assume those ones would be black.

Hi there!

I received the caps. They fit in my alloys, but my Ford Racing badge (I bought at last years Ford Fair) doesn't fit. It a modern Speedline cap, without the thick outer edge. So my badge can't click in.

And it's black indeed. Not sure what to do with these caps. Try to fix them on way or another....? Or search for genuine FRP caps....

What do you guys think. Are these the right caps?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Racing-Puma-Centre-Caps-New-/251331472104?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyre_Trims_Trims_ET&hash=item3a8485eae8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Goodness, they are really expensive :cry:

What a quest :lol:

The ford racing badge doesn't clip in, even on genuine caps, I used a few dabs of silicone sealant to fix mine

Latest posts

Back