Tape ecu! Pop pop pop pop bang

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adampuma

I want some pop pops, anyone got a 1.7 tape ecu with 3 button key transponder? Thanks :)

You don't need a tape ecu for that, I do have one thoug, as a back up... But all you realy need is a fancy exsaust :) my first 98 popped and banged after i fitted a new big bore rear box :)

And my current one popped and banged when I first got it, it had a dice ecu then :)

Well my old puma was a 2002 with the later sensible non pop pop map, my new puma is a 1998 model, im not sure what ecu it has but im pretty sure its not a tape ecu

Don't take my word for it but I always thought it was the FRP map on the TAPE ECU that helped the exhaust to pop pop ... because there are non-FRP TAPE ECU's out there...

But just to make you jealous I have and FRP TAPE ECU as well as a Miltek 421 full system and my puma REEEAAALLLYYY pop pop bang bang pop pops :p :lol:

Im guessing you should have a MUFF ecu and if i'm correct, Pumaspeed can map that... or it might be DIVE.. either way, a TAPE with FRP map certainly gives you a much more distinctive set of raspy rattle-pops.

Sorry my old one is in use but just thought i'd pipe up and put my 50p in.

Cartman said:
98 has a dive ecu :) tape is 2000 and on if i'm not mistaken :)

My 2001 was a DIVE.. I always thought the earlier ones were MUFF? I could be wrong though

Dal said:
As far as I know Puma Ecu:

DUDE - 1st Generation Puma
MUFF - Up to summer '99
TAPE - Std fit on '99 Summer - 2000 Spring Puma
DIVE - Std fit on Spring 2000 onwards Puma

Please advise if you know better.

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=15632#p15632" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry, got my ecus mixed up :) you are right, dude is the first.

But like I sayd, both my pumas popped whit the standard ecu. Only difference was the exsaust. I think the standard exsaust dampens the pops to much..

You can hear mine popping in this wideo :D here whit frp ecu, cams, and exsaust manifold, and custom 2.5" exaust ansåd 300. Cell cat

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcW8WfsNQvM[/youtube]

Might be slightly more notisable in this :)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=qOHOMRP0hkc[/youtube]

Cartman said:
But like I sayd, both my pumas popped whit the standard ecu. Only difference was the exsaust. I think the standard exsaust dampens the pops to much..]

Probably because of all the resonators and silencers in the standard exhaust

Sparx said:
Cartman said:
But like I sayd, both my pumas popped whit the standard ecu. Only difference was the exsaust. I think the standard exsaust dampens the pops to much..]

Probably because of all the resonators and silencers in the standard exhaust

My point exsactly :) only thing I did to the first one was remove the rear silencer, and put in a sports back box, whit a 5" tailpipe :)

Christ knows what ECU's I have :lol:
With my old '98 on cat back system and Piper back box I had plenty of popping.
The newer '01 model running with the full Miltek 4-2-1, sport cat and rear box there is nothing.
I do miss that little bit of popping when coming down through the gears :-(

Sparx has the same but with a decat... and it pops like mad![/quote]

Looks like a decat might be on the cards for me then :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back