Fuel hose -out of production-

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Modena

Hi guys!

Because my fuelpump gave up a couple of times, and I changed my petrol tank.... I got a leak near the small hose that is attached to the petrol tank. Not sure if it's the petroltank itself that is leaking, or if it's the hose.... but I do have a leak :?

So I got my old tank back (which was not leaking) and ordered a new hose at my Ford dealer.

Unfortunately the hose could not longer be provided.

Is there a way I can get a new hose from the UK?
Anyone can help me with this?

I've got a Puma 1.7 "MK4" from 2002 :grin:

Thanks!

Contact the Ford dealer in Spijkenisse, they have a really good parts guy. He sourced the most impossible to find parts for me. Once they had to order it 7 times to get the right one but multiple phone calls to Germany apparently pulled it off :) Shouldn't it be possible to get a standard size fuel hose and bend it yourself? If necessary I might be able to help you source some from my work / our parts bin.
Contact Ford wreckers v.d.Bogaart in Eindhoven too. Not too much Puma, but this hose might be used on other models too. I can't acces my laptop with MicroCAT on it otherwise I can search for you.
Another option, call a dealer near the border. In Germany they can sometimes source different parts. Or check the regular Dutch channels such as http://www.onderdelenlijn.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Good luck!

PS: There is also a much larger and active Dutch Puma club too, called Pumadrivers.

Hi Sjoerd,

Thanks for your reply. My Ford dealer checked the stock of every dealer in Holland; nothing... so he said. I could try some other dealers ofcourse, thanks for the tip!

I was thinking about a standard fuel hose, but I'd rather have it original ofcourse. I'm sure I also could get one secondhanded, but I found out a Puma "MK4" doesn't always have the same parts as any other Puma. Once got a fuelline (from the engine to the fuelfilter) from the wreckingyard (Puma 1999)... got different curves at the front and back side! :roll:

If you could research some more, that would be great! I also got a PM from quest63 :grin:

Hoping to get a new hose soon :cool: thanks in advance everyone!

PS: Unfortunately I already know that Pumadrivers club. Can not match ProjectPuma.. by far. And the PumaClub in Holland was founded for a reason :wink:

Quest63 had a really good secondhanded one for me, unfortunately he had to cut it off the tank. So now it's no good anymore. Does anyone else have a new/good secondhanded one for me? Thanks in advance guys!

Try googling on Ford 1131635. Your dealer did get the part number right. The older version is the 1014328.
I'm not sure how reliable those sites are but atleast they are offering it. I guess if you pay by Paypal your kinda safe in case it doesn't turn up or something :roll:
Any luck with the German or Belgian dealerships? If you want I live not so far from Belgium so I can pick it up for you if you order it near the border. And if they ring with the right people and make the effort, they can get you nearly anything you need. Also from Ford itself in Germany. It will cost a bit more though but Ford's parts pricing is insane anyway... :|

The 1131635 seems to be used on a variety of Ford's. As far as I can find so far it is definately on the Fiesta and Focus from 2008 onwards.

I wonder how the fuel got through there anyway since it is just a breather pipe. Did you torque the bolts on the hose clamps upto the right spec.? Are the hose clips original aka suitable to the vibrations?

The older version is in stock at http://www.finisfinder.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; this is a uk dealership (foray motor group) I have had loads of bits from them and they do a lot of mail order and accept paypal

Hi guys, thanks for the help! I haven't been busy with finding a new hose yet. About those numbers, does anybody know if there's been a modification in this hose somewhere between 1997 - 2002? I think it's scary to order a hose with a different number than my Ford dealer got by checking my license plate. Like I said before, I had some 1999 parts that didn't fit my 2002 Puma. It looks like there were some mods on this last badge of Pumas.

If the right hose will be available in Belgium, it would be awesome if you could pick it up for me Sjoerd! Perhaps then we can meet during a meeting? Are you coming to the Ford Experience Day in Hillegom the 25th of May? The PumaClub was invited by Ford The Netherlands :)

I will send an email to Herman de Clercq from the Forddealer in Lochristi. He will be able to check if there are any of these hoses available in Belgium, right? They can send it to the Forddealer nearest to the border with Holland. What's the nearest Ford dealer for you Sjoerd?

If that doesn't work, I can polish up my German, and send an email to a German dealer :)

You know what's the most stupid part of this story? I don't even know if it's the hose that's leaking, or the tank.
I'd better first switch tanks... check the leaking, and if it still leaks, it can change hoses. I do have a spare tank...

Well, first Easter. There's an Easter group ride at Gelderland/Brabant. It's organised by the XRRS-club, it's like a treasure hunt rally :) I'll first do that, I don't want everything to be open and bare when the group ride is there, I want to participate!

So, I'll send an email to Herman in Belgium... he might be able to help. After that.. it's Germany. After that's... it's shady websites :) lol!

Ok, will keep you guys posted!

Just made a call to Germany, unfortunately their parts division can't help me after 16:00.. Will try again on Monday.

Also make sure you call Bernd. He is a master in finding long gone parts :wink:

PS: don't e-mail just call, way quicker and they usually do more effort :cool:

Latest posts

Back