Mudflap brackets

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigglebug

Hi all

I've had the back of my Puma sorted for rust but can't put the mudflaps back on as the little brackets are really rusted. Just wondering if anyone had any lying about before I buy a whole new set of flaps.

Cheers

which little brackets do you need? have a search for them as there are some similar ones you can get or some universal fittings... like these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330528978847?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121650626468?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
i have used the U clap ones on universal mud flaps before, and if i remember, the other ones look similar to the ones with the standard puma mudflaps .... dont know for sure if they will fit though so you may want to check.... worth looking and them or searching for similar...

You can buy a fitting kit for a MK6 Fiesta which uses almost the same spring clips from Ford dealers.
Barry

Hi guy's , cheers for the replies.

The clamps are as below and I'd only be able to tighten one of them up as the others are too corroded.

It might be that either of your suggestions work to be honest so cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20160303_134351.jpg
    IMG_20160303_134351.jpg
    703.2 KB · Views: 5,108
Looks like the finis code could be 5016703. They are stated as being for the front of a Focus though but look the same to me.

Attachments

• up48381-up9181_post_29_1174134236.jpg
    up48381-up9181_post_29_1174134236.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 5,100
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 5,100
ahh those ones... they seem similar to yours yes... more of a universal type fitment for fords i guess, not puma specific, as the way they fit will allow different material thicknesses and heights etc... you could always try putting your old ones in Coke (proper full sugar stuff) over night/day - people do that to strip rust off golf clubs etc.... but a few fitting like that shouldn't be too much anyway...

£4.49 each is the cheapest I've found them in the uk! Might as well by a new set of mudflaps at that price. The allen key holes are shagged on three of of the ones I've got so there's no way of tighten them unfortunately even if I could get the rust off.

Ouch!!! the bolts will most likely be a standard off the shelf allen key bolt M something x something if you do manage to get the rust off and the fittings apart, it should only be a couple of pound for new bolts.... may be worth giving your local ford parts place a ring and see if they have any fitting and at what price? - might not be any cheaper though but worth asking...

Yeah I'd been on the Eurekacarparts website but bizarrely they charge postage for each individual item so it still worked out over £24 for four, £15 of that is shipping! I'm going to contact them to see if they can combine postage and get it a lot lower, I can't believe sending four will cost any more than a single item and definitely not £15.

If not Ian is a good shout

Just spoke to Eurekacarparts and they are effectively acting as central contact for suppliers all over the uk to get rid of stock. They charge postage for each individual item as they are not necessarily being supplied by one vendor at a time. If it turns out that you are being overcharged they will refund any extra postage though.

Yep,ordered with Eurekacarparts over night and they have already refunded the postage costs to my Palpal account. Will see how good the items are when they arrive.

Turned up today so quick delivery, next day effectively if you don't count the weekend. Website states that they send stuff second class so takes three to four days so I must have lucked in this time. Mudflaps back on car, jobs a goodun! £1.10 cheaper each than anywhere else I could find, not that there were many options mind. I'll have a look at them again when I'm trying to hunt for anything. The only slight possible negative is that you have to have the exact part number that you are looking for to search for anything on the website, not always going to be the case that you know it or can find it.

Just noticed your only down the road from me Ethanfitz, I live just outside of Thetford. Small world!

Latest posts

Back