Front panel from broken radio

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAC

Ok, this is a bit of a strange one, but I want to replace the radio with a panel and, as it is curved, the front plate from a broken radio would be a perfect template, I don't care if it is silver or black (or scratched and old, as long as it is intact).

I though about just picking up a radio from ebay to steal it from, but these radios seem to be a little expensive for me to just butcher it.

So, does anyone have an old broken stereo that they would be willing to remove the panel from?

BTW, I am located in Spain, so it would need to be posted.

Many thanks in advance.

I'll let you know, I've got boxes of bits I inherited with the car, I'm sure one of them says radios on it...

I am so lame, still need one?
7q8tTvs.jpg

Thanks McBandy!

I am still searching for one, but all I really need is the front panel from the radio, not the full functioning unit.

(BTW, I am even "lamerer" as I haven't been on the forum for far too long, I'm glad your post got me to log back in!)

It's probably easier to just buy a replacement unit. They aren't hard to come by and are only about £10-£20. Majority of breaker yard's will have one. They're the same in the Mondeo, Fiesta and Focus of similar years.

RoadWarrior said:
[post]368806[/post] It's probably easier to just buy a replacement unit. They aren't hard to come by and are only about £10-£20. Majority of breaker yard's will have one. They're the same in the Mondeo, Fiesta and Focus of similar years.

That is what I thought originally, however, while looking for one here, they were all around 200€!!!

As it is something that I don't really need, it is more of a "I would like", I am not going to be paying out that sort of cash for one ;)

To be honest, I hadn't looked for one used in a while, so I did a quick search to see what they are going for now. The prices have dropped slightly, I can find them between 80 and 150€. Still a little too expensive to just rip the front panel off and throw it away.

I could probably just take a mold from the one I have and be done with it, but I can never seem to find time to do anything lately :-(

Possibly, the price is a little cheaper but still similar.

£25 + £28 (shipping) = £53 (60€).

As I said, this is nothing important, so I am not worried about it at the moment, I will find a broken one at some point ;)

Will that suit? Looking around £7 to ship, can I get you to 15 EUR and I may have some money left after conversion and dispatch :grin:

That sounds excellent to me, as long as you feel it is enough and are willing.

I have a couple of other things I was going to ask you about, but they need to wait for a while as the XF is currently getting some new bits.

I believe you already have my email, but if not, drop me a PM with instructions.

Thanks.

It will be at least June by the time I get around to even needing it, if you are ok to wait that long?

I will also be needing a rear (right) light and a couple of other bits.

Whichever is easiest for you.

[ref]Ian G[/ref], I have sent you a PM, it seems to still be in my "outbox" instead of "Sent" which I am not sure if it is normal, let me know if you don't get it.

Thanks.

That just means the recipient has not yet read it. Once read it moves to sent.

Ok, thanks Red.

And thanks Ian, absolutely no rush though, I will be stuck on this ship for a while yet.

Latest posts

Back