Puma1.7 wanted

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixieBoo

Hi, I am looking for a 1.7 Puma.My current beloved Puma has too much rust and structural damage underneath to merit spending anymore money on it but I am determined to get another one! I live on the Isle of Man and would need to arrange transport to Heysham ferry port so any in north of England would suit because of cost of transport - however for right car I am flexible. Must have a current MOT so I know there are no hidden structural rust issues. Also, I am not very wealthy so cannot afford humungous prices. Please reply via this site and I will contact you. Here is hoping - meanwhile I will continue to get square eyes from wading through the internet trying to find one! Thanks Pixieboo

MOT isn't worth the paper it's written on in terms of rust.

A lot of back street MOT stations are willing to put cars on surepasses for an extra £20 note. And won't put any advisories for rust issues. They often have advisories for suspension components or oil leaks. Can spot a surepass from a mile away, some won't put any advisories at all.

If you want a decent one with no rust, go inspect them and get under with an inspection lamp, give them a little poke with a screwdriver or your fingers. Visual inspection is usually enough to see if they're rotten or not. Knock the bodywork with your knuckles and see if the sound changes near the arches etc, if it changes, then the arches are either full of fibreglass or bodyfiller and will need re-doing in a year or two regardless of how decent the job was done with filler or fibreglass.

I personally wouldn't buy any cars without seeing them myself. Cars on the Isle of Man take a beating from all the sea salt, sadly.

I know! thanks very much for your input Roadwarrior - much appreciated Pixieboo

Latest posts

Back